PDA

View Full Version : LG, Heytvelt, Theo

sharpzag
03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Playing pickup games with students this afternoon at the fieldhouse...

BobZag
03-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Good to hear. Thanks, Sharp.

GoZAGsMang
03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
how did they look?

sharpzag
03-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Better than the other kids playing! I wouldn't say they were playing full speed but they were down there for a long time. I did see LG effortlessly dunk along the baseline... so he seems ok.

thickman1
03-22-2007, 05:41 PM
can you see those guys playing 3-3? If winner stays, they'd never get off the court!

tobizag
03-22-2007, 06:18 PM
hey sharp, I was one of those kids, and I thought we held our own! ;) Will joined and so did Jordan. Derek made an appearance, but did not play. Theo may need to cool his temper a little...

KStyles
03-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Playing pickup games with students this afternoon at the fieldhouse...

They've been playing all week. Pendo & Sorenson have been playing noon ball and I've seen Heytvelt, Downs, Davis & Foster come in together around 3:30-4 a few days this week as well. It's good to see those guys down there working on their game.

beatProgram
03-22-2007, 07:58 PM
It's usually a pathetic sight.

I used to play pick up games with Tony Skinner and Alex Hernandez pretty frequently over at St. Aloysius's playground. From time to time some of the other GU players would show up as well.

For the most part you can tell that they're just holding back to make it a game.

For instance; every time Skinner's team would be against the ropes he'd just take a step behind the arc and drain shots at-will. Couple that with the ability to dunk on pretty much anyone else out there, and the games weren't pretty.

Of course when you were playing with them, rather than against them, it was a lot of fun.

sanfranzagsguy20
03-22-2007, 08:38 PM
i bet...i love threads like these...especially in the offseason..always good to know the guys are shooting around having a good time and enjoying their time off because they work so hard and put so much into every season...for how young they are its impressive to say the least...any other posts like this are greatly appreciated

KStyles
03-22-2007, 08:49 PM
One interesting thing I noticed when I was down there Monday was that Downs had something shaved into his hair on the left side of his head, it looked like it read "Mizzy", but I'm not entirely sure. I saw Pargo's clearly on TV, but I didn't notice Micah's until I saw him up close.

zagfever86
03-23-2007, 01:28 AM
One interesting thing I noticed when I was down there Monday was that Downs had something shaved into his hair on the left side of his head, it looked like it read "Mizzy", but I'm not entirely sure. I saw Pargo's clearly on TV, but I didn't notice Micah's until I saw him up close.

Oh brother...:lmao:

Malibu's Most Wanted.

wazZag
03-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Malibu's Most Wanted.
:lmao: yuck, I hope this is a joke.

Zaghuatanejo
03-23-2007, 07:57 AM
:lmao: yuck, I hope this is a joke.

I think if it's done for the sake of team comraderie I'm all for it. Self-promotion, no. But I'm sure Downs is just trying to fit in. This is a guy that's been bounced around his whole life and seems to have finally settled down. If this gets him closer to his teammates and the team chemistry even better, he can shave in his head whatever he wants.

sonuvazag
03-23-2007, 08:04 AM
If this gets him closer to his teammates and the team chemistry even better, he can shave in his head whatever he wants.

Yes. They should all have their names shaved into their heads. Especially Bouldin who is clearly non-conforming if he doesn't.

Zagpower
03-23-2007, 08:15 AM
PMAC's head isn't big enough to shave his full name on. Maybe he can use Heister's head?

lothar98zag
03-23-2007, 08:50 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bocco
03-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes. They should all have their names shaved into their heads. Especially Bouldin who is clearly non-conforming if he doesn't.

Coaches included? Now that would be a sight:lmao: