PDA

View Full Version : Continue to improve

Reborn
03-06-2009, 05:29 AM
to win the WCC tournament.

1. I think they need to continue to get Josh involved in the offense. I would like to see Josh average 20 pts per game.

2. We need to continue with keeping our turnovers low, and rebounding up. I've seen some good improvement in recent games in both of these areas, and especially by Jeremy. This needs to continue as we move forward.

3. I would certainly like to see our 3 pt shooting improve. It's an area of concern for me. Steven Gray has really been in a slump, and I would love to see him come out of it. Now is the time. I'd like to see us average eight 3's a game.

Reborn
03-06-2009, 05:48 AM
What impresses me the most about this year and the Zags as they did not peak early. I believe the Zags have slowly improved over the season, and I see that they've put many more things into both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. There is also a fluidity and chemistry developing that I think was somewhat lacking earlier this year because the guys were still searching for their roles. I think we're finally cohesive, and it's showing.

Peaking at the right time is certainly important come tournament time. I think that we are now beginning to play our best basketball. Josh has really found himself, and I think Pargo has as well. I think it will be up to these two guys to lead us forward now, and from my vantage point I believe they know that as well. These two guys especially have been playing great basketball down the stretch. I also believe that all the seniors have really stepped up, and in a way Micah is seeing that he can add more then what he sometimes does. Micah has been playing outstanding down the stretch too. Matt's been the steady one all year, and I expect him to continue to be that steady force for the Zags.

Austin and Steven have also found their groove. I think their roles have changed over the year, and it's been a struggle for them at times, but I think they've accepted the change and are playing good. Austin seems to be staying out of foul trouble lately, and thats great. I hope Steven can find his shooting touch.

Go Zags! Keep improving one game at a time. Never be satisfied with yesterday's successes. They're gone. Sunday begins a new year in basketball. Go for it. Go after it with the heart of a Zag. Let nothing nor no one deter you. The best is yet to come!

seasontixholder
03-06-2009, 06:43 AM
If the team plays like it does lately, it has a chance to win a game or two in the NCAAs.

What differentiates this team from those in 1999-2000 is the former's superior talent, and the latter's approach. The latter played with cockiness and abandon during this time of the year, a with a sense that every game was gravy and that more could be had.

The present team still hasn't matched that enthusiasm. One could see it in Sorenson last Tuesday, but as a whole, the ingredient is still missing.

If I see Jeremy puking his guts out on defense from the start, setting the tone, I'll know that things are going to be fun. But if I see this team putting out about their standard 90-95% during the game, it's business as usual and an early exit is inevitable outcome.

roxdoc
03-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Team peaked at Old Spice, then went into a mental funk. Recently been looking better but hard to know because of the general level of competition. Playoffs will be tougher so should give us an idea of where the team stands for the dance. Hope they are developing a hungry, we have something to prove attitude. This is probably even more important than boards and free throw shooting (Lord knows we need some improvement there too!)

Be tough Zags - lets show the talking heads that GU beter not be overlooked.

GO ZAGS!