PDA

View Full Version : WCC to show all non-TV WCC tourney games online!

lothar98zag
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
2 Links:

WCC To Launch WCCTV At The Men's And Women's Basketball Championships (http://wccsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030409aab.html)

West Coast Conference To Stream 10 WCC Tournament Games Exclusively On WCCsports.com (http://wccsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030309aac.html)

With the West Coast Conference tournament beginning this weekend, the WCC is launching its new online web initiative, WCCTV, exclusively on WCCsports.com. In conjunction with student media from its member institutions, WCCTV will provide fans with unprecedented coverage of the WCC Men's and Women's Basketball Championships with its "360 All-Access" look at the tournament.

The WCC is bringing one student media member from each campus to assist with WCCTV's 360 All-Access look at the tournament. The student reporters will cover every single game of the men's and women's basketball championships, providing unique insight into each team. After each game, WCCTV's 360 All-Access will bring you that games coverage, including pre-game, in-game, and post-game analysis of each contest, as well as game highlights, and player and coach interviews. In addition, each student will work on unique features surrounding the WCC Tournament.

The West Coast Conference announced today that it will be streaming all of the non-televised games of this week's WCC Tournament for free exclusively on WCCsports.com. In all, 10 of the 14 games will be shown exclusively on WCCsports.com, including all but the championship game of the women's tournament and the semifinals and final of the men's championship.

To watch all of the early round action, fans just need to log-on to WCCsports.com and sign up for a free WCC All-Access pass.

The women's basketball final will be televised nationally on ESPNU, while the men's semifinals will be on ESPN2 and the men's final will be televised in primetime on ESPN.

Very cool.

Nevtelen
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
It has been really fun watching just about all of the WCC games on tv this season on Comcast Sports Net. You really get a feel for the rest of the conference when you see them play more games than just the GU game and maybe 1 other every year. It's also nice that each broadcast has brought attention to some other aspect of the WCC, whether it's been the history, other sports at one school, whatever. The interviews with players and coaches at the half have generally been good, too. I'm hoping the great coverage will continue next season.

Watching the other WCC games in the tourney online should be fun, too - sounds like the WCC is really doing some nice things under the new commish. Color me impressed.

MotoZag
03-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Even SMC got their own ESPN spot vs Utah St. Congrats to them, and let's keep the attention coming.

ZagMan in Philly
03-06-2009, 03:01 AM
And as usual, our Zags games will be streamed at our own unofficial Gonzaga Basketball station :) :

http://www.justin.tv/gonzaga_basketball

lothar98zag
03-06-2009, 08:24 AM
And as usual, our Zags games will be streamed at our own unofficial Gonzaga Basketball station :) :

ZMIF, 2 things

1) Your justin page(s) have been a life saver this year w/ the whole FSN/WCC/ESPN crap.

2) If the GU women make the finals, would you be willing/able to show the game? It would be helpful for those that want to see it, but don't get E$PNU and/or are at work.

adoptedzag
03-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Ugh, the Online player is Microsoft Silverlight, which means those of us that don't run windows OSs are boned :(

HAIL LINUX!

ZagMan in Philly
03-06-2009, 10:29 AM
ZMIF, 2 things

1) Your justin page(s) have been a life saver this year w/ the whole FSN/WCC/ESPN crap.

2) If the GU women make the finals, would you be willing/able to show the game? It would be helpful for those that want to see it, but don't get E$PNU and/or are at work.

Sure Lothar!!!!!!!

lothar98zag
03-06-2009, 01:05 PM
FWIW, I checked out the video of the 1st women's game during lunch.

The visuals was good, not great. The audio on the other hand was poor - you could understand it, but it just wasn't "right".

All in all, it's definitely worth using if you are at all interested in the pre-semifinal men's games and/or the pre-finals women's games.

Nice work by the WCC.

lothar98zag
03-06-2009, 02:08 PM
FWIW, I checked out the video of the 1st women's game during lunch.

The visuals was good, not great. The audio on the other hand was poor - you could understand it, but it just wasn't "right".

All in all, it's definitely worth using if you are at all interested in the pre-semifinal men's games and/or the pre-finals women's games.

Nice work by the WCC.
Also, the arena looks pretty good on TV. Obviously bigger than any WCC arena/gym.

And while it's mostly empty, from the crowd shots, it does appear there are more people there for the opening day women's games than in the past have shown up for opening day men's games.

And finally, love it or hate it, the huge (not BiS big) WCC logo on the court will be a nice ad for the WCC when the games are on E$PN.

NotoriousZ
03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Bump!
Since we got no Zags till Sunday...

FuManShoes
03-06-2009, 06:35 PM
The picture is OK by Web standards. The audio is atrocious. And as nice as that arena looks for some reason it has an NBA three point line to go along with the women's and men's line. My eyes are spinning!

TM27
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Umm what am I doing wrong...

Curious did you all just go to wccsports.com and click on the bracket/scoreboard to launch the player? I cant seem to get it to load..

FuManShoes
03-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Nah, I had to hunt around a bit and found a yellow camera icon in the banner at the top of the site, not the bracket. Quite confusing.

Try http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=west&media=108250

Nevtelen
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Or go to upcoming events. The games are listed there and you can launch the camera from there.

TM27
03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Interesting...

I also clicked on the little icon. It loads to 80% and stops. Oh well

WccSoph
03-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Is watching the other game's on WCC site going to continue to be a repeat of the Pre-season press conference when I could'nt hear anything ? No thanks,I'll just watch the game's on ESPN2 and ESPN. Doe's anybody know who the announcer and play by play men will be on ESPN? I hear the final is broadcast live on "Westwood One" radio

Gentlemen start your engines, :drool: get ready for a weekend of WCC Tournament Basketball!!! Who gets a kiss on the cheek from the beauty queen on Monday Evening?

Rangerzag
03-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Nah, I had to hunt around a bit and found a yellow camera icon in the banner at the top of the site, not the bracket. Quite confusing.

Try http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=west&media=108250

This is a good link.

Once there choose event guide.

For an event in progress go down a few lines and choose "By exact time."

Now click on the current day and click on "watch"

Akzag
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM
bump for Saturday's games

ZagMan in Philly
03-09-2009, 05:51 AM
bump for our Lady's championship game today vs San Diego, at 3pm EST.
If you don't have ESPN U, Game will be streamed here:

Go Lady Zags!!!!