PDA

View Full Version : Future GU FSN Games to be in HD?

Norwester
03-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Be still my heart.

FSN has announced today that the network is now broadcasting a full-time high definition feed, delivering more than 300 events per year featuring the Seattle Mariners, Washington Huskies, Washington State Cougars, Oregon State Beavers, Gonzaga Bulldogs and more. The announcement was made by Liberty Sports Group, parent company of FSN Northwest, who has also transitioned its other networks including FSN Pittsburgh and FSN Rocky Mountain (and sub-region FSN Utah) to full-time HD.

According to the press release, FSN Northwest is offering its FSN HD feed to all cable and satellite distribution partners in the region to ensure that as many fans as possible receive the network's complete HD offering. FSN Northwest has already worked with many local cable operators to secure technology that would enable what was a part-time, event-based HD channel to transition to an around-the-clock high definition programming viewing experience. FSN Northwest will continue to work with the region's other cable and satellite operators to secure FSN HD distribution in their service areas.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/huskyhoops/index.html#038666

malmer7
03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
that would be phenomenal... but... i'll believe it when i see it

229SintoZag
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Having an HD channel, and actually having HD trucks and cameras show up at K2, are two different things.

I am hopeful. But I will believe it when I see it. The link lists DirecTV 687 as FSN HD.

This has been the FSN HD channel for quite some time on DirecTV. But FSN still only shows one Pac 10 game a week in HD, and no Gonzaga games.

cjm720
03-06-2009, 06:32 AM
It's absolutely ridiculous this hasn't been done years ago.