PDA

View Full Version : Some Help Tonight

Angelo Roncalli
03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Purdue (RPI 23), who GU is battling with for seeding position, lost AT HOME tonight against Northwestern, 64-61.

Marquette (RPI 30) is losing on the road at Pitt at the half, 43-36. They may fall fairly significantly in seeding because of recent losses and the season-ending injury to Dominic James.

SDzagster
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Pitt defeats Marquette 90 - 75. Dick Vitale says Memphis would finish 7th or 8th in the Big East, and in a poll of a couple of other ESPN announcers like Steve Lavin, they agreed Memphis would finish 5th to 7th.
Hard for me to believe they would not be in the top 3, maybe behind Uconn and Pitt and even with Louisville.

mnzag24
03-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Marquette will drop significantly in the seedings in my opinion. For most of the game tonight, if not all of it, they only played a 6 man rotation. Tough to win in the tourney with only one sub. Tough matchup at home against Syracuse to close out the season, and I don't see them doing well in the Big East tourney.

I'm currently at Marquette for grad school, pretty gloomy around here basketball wise

dawgfather11
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
purdue has been one of the most overrated teams all year long, they really are not good.

Marquette just got destroyed and they really should be dropping down to a 8/9 game by the time it's all said and done they just aren't the same.

Edited to add

LSU goes down and Oklahoma Missouri game is real close but if missouri loses that's good for both of us as well