PDA

View Full Version : Post Season Begins Now

Reborn
03-04-2009, 09:30 AM
The USC-U game is over, and now we move on to the conference tournament. The buzz right now around the conference is that Mills is back. I am so glad. And I do hope he plays against the Zags. I wonder how many of you think Mills is going to make a difference in the conference tournament, and how much of a one? Will St. Mary's even make it to the finals, and if they do will they beat the Zags?

It could be a great game, that's for sure because St. Mary's knows that they are on the bubble. They will need to come at our Zags with everything they have. My confidence in the Zags is restored. I think they are the better team and they will show that next Monday night. The Zags could really use a real big win before heading into the NCAA tournament. Their confidence is rising and a nice win against St. Mary's will boost it a little more I believe. And I certainly won't hurt our hope for a good seeding in the tounament.

MNZag96
03-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes, the Upstate game is over. But the next game is on Sunday night. Only then, if indicated, will I wonder about SMC and Mr. Mills.

MDABE80
03-04-2009, 11:02 AM
lolol...even if we beat St Marys, the win will be tainted because of Patty's hand!!!!;) I can hear it now...........

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Has a team with a perfect conference record ever been this overlooked?? Not to mention the Zags are #14 in the polls.

malmer7
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Has a team with a perfect conference record ever been this overlooked?? Not to mention the Zags are #14 in the polls.

right where we want to be IMO... we're catching fire at the right time, we are playing far better than we were even a few weeks ago, and that's the key if you want any chance of making a tourney run

ZagManFan
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
The first 7 games of the year we knew we were the best team on the court and showed it, hit a bump, and are now looking like the team from the first 7 games of the year.

A lot of people around town that I hear talking think we will do nothing in the dance. I for one see it completly different. I think this team will play well and make a real run. That confidence is back, that swagger, that motivation.

5 seniors that will being playing as hard as they can. All of them contribute one way or another.

I said after the "Midnight Madness" that I felt this was to be a special year. Don't make me eat my words boys.:D

bballbeachbum
03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Indeed it begins! Question: have we ever played in the Orleans Arena down there? For some reason I thought we had, but looking over schedules of the last 2 seasons, couldn't find it listed.

theirishzag03
03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Indeed it begins! Question: have we ever played in the Orleans Arena down there? For some reason I thought we had, but looking over schedules of the last 2 seasons, couldn't find it listed.

Think the last game Zags played in Vegas was at The Thomas and Mack Center vs #3 ranked Georgia Tech... Zags won 85-73. Lets hope they like Vegas again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=243532250

bballbeachbum
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
yes! I remember now :)

right on, thanks Irish.

ZagnetitForce
03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Think the last game Zags played in Vegas was at The Thomas and Mack Center vs #3 ranked Georgia Tech... Zags won 85-73. Lets hope they like Vegas again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=243532250

Ironically, a group of us stayed at The Orleans when we went down for that game. Great game. Ammo was unstopable. Orleans was prety cool. Don't forget your bowling shoes if you are staying there!