PDA

View Full Version : "ULTIMATE ZAGS"....Andrew definitely on the list

JIMMYMAC
03-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I can think of many "ultimate Zags" in the past decade. By "ultimate", I mean those that personify what it is to be a Zag. Casey Calvary, Erroll Knight, David Pendagraft (I gotta be missing one or two)...........Andrew Sorenson is definitely an "ultimate Zag". 15 points!?? Thatta baby!! Couldn't have happened to a better and more deserving guy.

TM27
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Pargo = "ultimate zag". What I have heard from those connected to the program Jeremy is a great ambassador and cares more about his team, school, and community then many realize. His 'style' and flashy dunks confuse older fans; however, his path to GU and his decisions while here, have impressed many of the folks that matter.

GU always seems to have fantastic student athletes, and IMO this pack is no different. Kudos to the class and coaches.

JIMMYMAC
03-03-2009, 10:51 PM
TM,
come to think of it-we could have three ultimates on this roster-can you say IRA!

FieldHouseFishHouse
03-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Kyle Bankhead

FieldHouseFishHouse
03-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Ronny Turiaf

FieldHouseFishHouse
03-04-2009, 03:31 AM
Kenny Williams

mez124
03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
This whole group of seniors could be on the list if you look at what each has overcome as a ZAG. The story on josh has been wrote many times over, but for him to come from his low point and show us all what the zags stand for heart, team, backbone, knowing what needs to be done, and a second chance.

Speaking of second chances, look at micah. A McD's AA out of high school and no support from home. Hes become the "pendo" of this years team. "what do you want me to do coach?" he is a better shooter than has shown but does what the team needs -- everything, taking a back seat on scoring (which he could be the best on the team)

Then theres IRA and Andrew, who never thought they would be on a ZAG basketball team, but have both shown soo much to all of us and the rest of the team.

And finally Pargo. from the streets of chicago to the record boards of Zag land, he has been the leader of this team... and also an amazing person.

This is the year of the true "ZAGS" not what you think of as Zag material 5 years ago but the Zags have made them better, and each of them have made the ZAGS what we all know and love.

T-bonedazag
03-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Spink...Everytime I went to the kennel I would look forward to watching him play

LongIslandZagFan
03-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Ken "Dr. K" Anderson... heck he is such a Zag he now is a prof at GU. :D

former1dog
03-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Spink...Everytime I went to the kennel I would look forward to watching him play

All of them. :D

krozman
03-04-2009, 11:54 AM
I agree with everyone except for the word "ultimate." If you want to be called ultimate, you better have the heart of mark spink, and the talent to back it up.

Rename this thread "THE ALL HEART MARK SPINK AWARD!!"