PDA

View Full Version : Senior Night Video

FuManShoes
03-03-2009, 08:59 PM
some are inaudible, all are classy. I hope the NCAA didn't see Pargo give his shoes away. That must be an infraction of some sort :)

http://www.krem.com/sports/gu/

zagirl2k
03-03-2009, 09:10 PM
http://www.khq.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3507653&h1=Bulldogs%27%20Senior%20Night%20Speeches&vt1=v&at1=Sport%20-%20NCAA-Basketball&d1=666500&LaunchPageAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&rnd=49676442

KHQ has better video of all of the speeches.

thanks to both stations for posting it for those of us who couldn't see the local coverage (or even the game, grumble grumble fsnw)

I still want to know why both FSNW and FSRM who had the game listed were blank screens for the entire game for us down here on u-verse. Very annoying.

FuManShoes
03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks Zagirl for the link!

Fonebone
03-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks for posting these. Josh's little talk was the high point of the night for me. You can hear it best on the KHQ link. It was really moving for him to choke up thanking the community for "letting him back." The way he worked himself back after his arrest will serve him well for the rest of his life. He has grown a ton. What a great thing to get this kind of life story in addition to all the great (mostly) basketball we have seen so far this year.

FuManShoes
03-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for posting these. Josh's little talk was the high point of the night for me. You can hear it best on the KHQ link. It was really moving for him to choke up thanking the community for "letting him back." The way he worked himself back after his arrest will serve him well for the rest of his life. He has grown a ton. What a great thing to get this kind of life story in addition to all the great (mostly) basketball we have seen so far this year.

Ditto and then some. Watching the seniors take their bows and thank the crowd, it struck me how all these guys - perhaps most publicly, Josh - have overcome something. It's a remarkable class. Their stories are all pretty well known, but this more than many groups seems to be the All-Redemption team. As a selfish fan and a budding optimist, I really hope they realize their college hoop dreams in the next few weeks, but anything that happens on the court from here on out is, in a sense, icing on top.

TLKREM2
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm glad to hear everyone likes the online coverage...no matter where you get it. It's all about giving the fans the best possible coverage.

I just want to mention that we have post game interviews with all the seniors (except Micah Downs this time) right now on KREM.com.

All had some really good stuff to say about Senior Night...and most talked a little bit about the WCC Tournament as well.

Thanks,

Tim Lewis
KREM 2

MyZags
03-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks for posting the link.

Man, I got teary eyed along with Josh. Testament to our community- the strength of our support of the ball player but more importantly the development of these young men to contributing member of our society.

Go Zags! Best of Luck on Sunday and beyond. Seniors, wherever this ride ends thanks for the great years!

bballbeachbum
03-05-2009, 09:56 AM
very much appreciated Tim and Zagirl2k!