PDA

View Full Version : Eric Musselman's WCC all league picks

Radbooks
03-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Former NBA coach and current color commentator for WCC games, Eric Musselman came out with his own list for POY and COY. He also talks about who has the best pro potential, etc. It's an interesting blog.

Having done some color work for Comcast SportsNet this year on WCC games, I had a chance to watch the league's top players throughout the season. For what it's worth, here are my votes (and a few notes) for the postseason awards:

Coach of the Year: Mark Few, whose Gonzaga team went undefeated (14-0) in conference play. Eric Reveno (Portland) and Randy Bennett (St. Mary's) did excellent jobs, as well.

Player of the Year: Gonzaga's Matt Bouldin (pictured here) with John Bryant as the runner-up.

Here's the link to his blog (http://emuss.blogspot.com/2009/03/wcc-postseason-honors.html).

MDABE80
03-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Serious good find Rad. More in keeping with what I thought should be. I especially like the NBA "most likely" at the end of the blog.

1. Patty Mills (St. Mary's)
2. Austin Daye (Gonzaga)
3. Josh Heytvelt (Gonzaga)
4. John Bryant (Santa Clara)
5. Jeremy Pargo (Gonzaga)

gamagin
03-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Former NBA coach and current color commentator for WCC games, Eric Musselman came out with his own list for POY and COY. He also talks about who has the best pro potential, etc. It's an interesting blog.
Here's the link to his blog (http://emuss.blogspot.com/2009/03/wcc-postseason-honors.html).

thanks. this makes more sense to me, too.

Nevtelen
03-03-2009, 08:55 PM
What I found really interesting at the end of the blog was this:

Four players to watch in the future:

1. Andy Poling (Gonzaga)
2. Demetri Goodson (Gonzaga)
3. Tim Williams (St. Mary's)
4. Drew Viney (Loyola Marymount)

I'm not surprised Musselman has Meech as a player to watch, but Poling at #1? Wow - what does he know and where did he find it out? Also interested in him singling out Tim Williams - I must admit I know zero about him except that he's at SMC (and redshirting this year, I believe).

Radbooks
03-04-2009, 05:51 AM
I was really surprised by that too. I'm guessing that these commentators get to watch the teams practice before the games and he's seen Andy a few times. It makes me excited to see him play next year.

Quote:

Four players to watch in the future:

1. Andy Poling (Gonzaga)
2. Demetri Goodson (Gonzaga)
3. Tim Williams (St. Mary's)
4. Drew Viney (Loyola Marymount)

I'm not surprised Musselman has Meech as a player to watch, but Poling at #1? Wow - what does he know and where did he find it out? Also interested in him singling out Tim Williams - I must admit I know zero about him except that he's at SMC (and redshirting this year, I believe).

malmer7
03-04-2009, 07:14 AM
musselman knows his stuff, what else can you say. i'm a big fan of eric's - was a huge supporter of his when he came here to sacramento and was not happy when he got the shaft for having a crappy record with an absolutely talentless king's team. i am surprised he has not landed a great coaching job yet - i know he is more of an nba breed, but but really should consider coaching a top college team: maybe arizona or oregon so they can stop talking about taking few away!

JAGzag
03-04-2009, 08:21 AM

A few years back, when he committed, Poling was something like a national top 5 player, then he got sick. He has potential written all over him.