PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Seniors!

Akzag
03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
ClapClap ClapClapClap :clap:

Thank you to Josh, Jeremy, Micah, Ira!, and Andrew!

Each of you brought something special to Gonzaga, and each of you are leaving us very much grateful for your contributions.

Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors ... Ak

(some of the guys already have their own threads, and while all are deserving, here's a group appreciation thread)

HRZag
03-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Well said AK. Well said.

Thanks guys for all you have done as Zags, you are family forever.

Dickau43
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Ditto.

It should be clap clap clapclapclap, though. Not clapclap clapclapclap. :p

lothar98zag
03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

zagirl2k
03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Adding one more to Lothar's reply since it won't let me put 5 in one reply (that is lame by the way, they all deserve their own clapping guy)

:clap:

IdahoZagFan
03-03-2009, 02:03 PM
This has been a SPECIAL team with a SPECIAL group of Seniors. They are a unique group of young men who started their journeys to GU in altogether different ways but who came together, weathered their individual and collective storms, and came out with an undefeated conference season and another WCC Championship.

They will live on in our memories - perhaps becoming larger than life ZAGS over time. They will be forever in our hearts.

We'll be looking forward to hearing from them as they continue with the next chapter in their lives. GOOD LUCK to the Seniors in all that they do in the future!

P.S. We don't want to forget the underclassmen - they are TERRIFIC, too! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ENTIRE TEAM!

speed21
03-03-2009, 02:26 PM

Thank you Guys!!!!!!!!!

Zag79
03-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Some of the best seniors to ever leave this school. :cheers:

rennis
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Thank you and congrats seniors, good luck the rest of the way in March.

Vanzagger
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM
memories. Nice work.

GoZAGsMang
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks seniors

GoZAGsMang

Once and Future Zag
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Thank you seniors.

Forever Zags, and Zags forever.

Pargo the Destroyer
03-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Enough to make a grown man cry.....what a run fellas:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you

johnwzag
03-03-2009, 07:15 PM
:adored: :clap: :adored: :clap:

MedZag
03-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Anyone have video of what the seniors said after the game? FSNW was too concerned with talking about the Husk... I mean, Seattle U to stay on it for more than 30 seconds.

Rangerzag
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Anyone have video of what the seniors said after the game? FSNW was too concerned with talking about the Husk... I mean, Seattle U to stay on it for more than 30 seconds.

You can try here (http://www.krem.com/sports/gu/).

GonzagaGurl08
03-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Congratulations to 5 wonderful young men. I'm so proud off all that they have done for and at GU. These young men have left a good impression on all of us. Congrats guys for all that you have done and all that you will do in the WCC tourney and beyond!!! WE LOVE YOU SENIORS!!!! Hats off to you!! :cheers:

mendiant
03-03-2009, 08:02 PM
A little senior night reporting:

There was an interesting change in the usual way the seniors were introduced before the game.

Usually they come out of the home-side locker room tunnel with their folks.

Tonight, their folks came out of the tunnel and the guys came out of the stands...I got all happy when I saw Andrew in his French designer inspired Senior Warm-up jacket (think Winter Olympics - they all had them), getting ready to go on to the court and not 5 feet from where I sit...

It was cool to watch the guys come out of the stands and on to the court to embrace their folks and wave to the crowd...well received, of course.

As we know by now, Andrew was high scorer and Player of the Game.

Few introduced the team briefly but eloquently after the game, Andrew spoke first...

...from being in the Kennel Club to being Player of the Game on senior night, he couldn't have imagined it...lots of mention of the community (you know, li'l ol' Spokane) the University, the team...tried to pass it off to Josh,

Josh wasn't ready yet...

Micah spoke of the community and the place where he fit in and was able to play and be at home.

Josh took the mic, steeling himself against emotion...Thanked all for welcoming him back after everything and letting him do what he does. He quickly passed the mic on. I cried a bit too.

Ira was thankful for the opportunity to play on the team, be a part of it all and looking forward to the tournament (the only one to speak of such if I remember correctly)...I was envious of whoever got that headband that he shot out into the crowd!

Pargo, thanks for the support...through the ups and downs. Thanks to the Kennel club and the community. Not to be out done by Ira, he took off one shoe, autographed it and threw it into the student section THEN he took off the other shoe, autographed it, pretended to throw it into the "old fart" section, and threw that one into the student section as well.

Andrew - what a smile and what energy.

Micah - sometimes "Drama" is good ;)

Josh - love, humility, courage.

Ira! - Who among us won't miss that MAN playing on our court?

Jeremy - the King (IMO) of APPROPRIATE swagger, attitude and emotion on the court.

Hopefully all of these guys will come back for a visit to the old court once in a while as most of our former players do.

Regardless, GU fans wish them love and they will be greatly missed.

Thank you seniors, for ALL of the important contributions you have made to the character of this program.

The paradox continues...

love,
mendiant

Zag79
03-03-2009, 11:18 PM
great post, i think mendiant hit the nail on the head. the speeches given by each player fit them to a T. what a great group of guys we got to watch give it there best for so many seasons. classy, skilled, what more could you ask for? a long march! these guys will surely give it there all. go zags!

misszigzag
03-04-2009, 04:56 AM
I was introduced to Gonzaga Basketball the start of freshman year for these seniors, and it has been something special to watch. Now I've missed out on some of the past greats, but Pargo, Downs, Heytvelt, Brown, and Sorenson make me feel like I've been here all along.

Thank you for everything guys!

edcasey
03-04-2009, 05:47 AM
Thank you to each and every member of the team for.......

representing our school as it should be with honor, courage, integrity and dedication

playing hard day in day out, a symbol of respect for those who wore the uniform before you

recognizing the talents god gave you and trying to use those talents to the best of your abilities day in day out

setting the stage for future zags on what it truly means to be part of the great university

And thank you Gonzaga University for creating boys into men as clearly demonstrated by these fine individuals. they will go on to serve our society day in day out with zag pride, dedication and purpose

Ed

gamagin
03-04-2009, 07:07 AM
well said.

It is said that a friend is a person who is happy when you are happy.

The players, the coaches, the relatives, the KC and the crowd were all very happy last night, and very grateful, too, for these five warriors and the honor they have brought to this team and this school.

It was an honor to be a part of it as a fan and to witness it as a season ticket holder. For it will never quite be the same again. Just like last year when I had to come to grips with never seeing Kuso and Pendo again, in uniform, in the K2, playing their hearts out.

There will be new names and new faces taking the places of these fine young men. And they will have you to look up to. To emulate.

These raw recruits will be tasked with taking on the challenges and carrying forward the honor, guts and traditions of all past Zags who together make up a storied history of a tiny little school that reached for the stars, and touched them.

Thank You, Josh. Thank You, Jeremy. Thank You, Micah. Thank You, Ira. And Thank You, Andrew.

You are now a part of our history. Cherished forever.

Go Zags !

Reborn
03-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I can only echo gamagin's post. Every word. Great post, sir.

Some great memories from senior night '09: Of course the numbe #1 memory is of a special kid, Andrew Sorenson, having the game of his life, and one that he'll be talking about the rest of his life. A wonderful picture of him with his arms in the air after a 3 pointer, with the whole student body behind him with their hands uplifted as if to salute him. There was Josh in the first half showing each of his moves to perfection. There was Micah Downs slamming dunks left and right. It was easy to see last night that Micah was a Mc D All- American. Man he was having fun. And Pargo distributing the ball like the true magician we had always hoped he'd be. He was giving picture perfect passes all night long I thought. And when the game seemed to get a little boring, he knocked down 2 straight three's to light the fire inside the Kennel2 just a little bit. It was sure nice to see his mom and sis there too. I don't think I saw him cry though. :D

And then there was that Sweet reverse layup by Ira, and his two blocked shots on their 7'3" center, and that dang near thunder "throw down." These Zags will never be seen playing on the sacred wooden floors in K2 again. But we will always look forward to seeing them back in the stands, like many who have gone before them, returning home to root on their Zags (It was great seeing Pendo there last night). K2 will be different next year without them, and I will look back from time to time and remember these special guys and the great moments that they gave me in my life over the last four years.

And now it's time to do what Gonzaga preaches all the time. It's time to finish the deal. I look forward to watching these guys as they march forward into the last part of their careers as Zags. I truly hope that the best is yet to come!

HOOTER
03-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Ira! - Who among us won't miss that MAN playing on our court?

He just hasn't been around long enough, no question.

Although, you could say that about all the seniors. This really is a great group of guys that will be thoroughly missed.

But hey, it's March and this is no time to mourn their loss just yet. There's still plenty of basketball yet to be played so let's get it on!! :D

bballbeachbum
03-04-2009, 03:06 PM

sincerely to you seniors Thank You!!!

and sincerely to you posters, too.

And oh yeah, what HOOTER just said. Yaahhhooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!