• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamagin
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

South Carolina Upstate Info...

Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton
  • gamagin
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I see USC Upstate's coach

was at Oregon State for five years. I wonder if this is the possible connection to this game getting booked ?

Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

They have beaten...

Southern
      North Florida
      Lipscomb
      Campbell
      Jacksonville
      Stetson
      Florida Gulf Coast
      Mercer
      Kennesaw State

Glad they've won some games, but not exactly murder's row.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Thomas_Sutpen
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post

Mercer

Glad they've won some games, but not exactly murder's row.
        But Mercer beat Alabama, who beat Arkansas, who beat Oklahoma, which means the USCU post is better than Blake Griffin.

We'd better bring it.

Comment

• GonzagaDynasty
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

Im so glad this is senior night... There will be zero lack of intensity, meaning there will be ZERO chance of a let down...

Comment

• kclubfounder
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2007

theseattletimes.com has us playing South Carolina. Hopefully that's what some will think.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
              Banned
              • Feb 2007

This school is 25 minutes from my house. They have a 7'3 250 lb center from Germany, Nick Shneiders that's pretty decent(wonder if he knows Elias Harris?). He had 20pts and 7 blocks in their last game. Hope they can fly out as it looks like Greenville and the whole southeast is getting killed. I'm here in Milwaukee on business and just skyped my wife and it was already snowing big time.

Box score for the South Carolina Upstate Spartans vs. Kennesaw State Owls NCAAM game from February 28, 2009 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• fedwayzag
                Kennel Club Alum
                • Feb 2007

We are sure to lose this game. REmember what happened the last time we had a 'snow game'. They are probably on a bus now headed west to make it 2 hrs before game time. Their 5'7 guard can't be stopped. Oh no I see it coming now.

Comment

• Zag365
                  Zag for Life
                  • Apr 2007

Playing down

I hope we don't pull our all to common act of letting what should be overmatched teams hang around. Please guys put a 15-point lead on them in the first 10 minutes so we can all relax and have fun.

Comment

• Hextall7388
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2008

I have to admit that I'm a little puzzled that they have scheduled this game. I'm sure it's intended to serve as a tune up game for the Zags before the WCC tournament, but the negatives seem to outweigh the positives in my mind. USC Upstate has an RPI of 288. With a team's RPI having such a huge influence on their seeding in the tournament, even when we win the game, our RPI is going to drop.

Even if we blow them out, well, everyone expects that.

If we were to lose the game, or if it turns out to be a tight game, it will be a dagger to our hopes of a 5 or 6 seed. We might be lucky to get a 7.

I thought the driving force behind the first round bye in the WCC tournament was to help the league's top teams avoid playing a game against an RPI killer in the first round. The thought was that WCC teams would have a better shot of getting into the tournament or perhaps improving their seed. This game against USC Upstate seems to defeat the intended purpose of the first round bye.

I know we had a scrimmage game against Texas earlier in the season, how come the Zags didn't elect to have this game, or a game against a similar opponent played as a scrimmage, without it being a "schedule" game?##

Comment

• rawkmandale
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

USC Upstate enters K2 @ 9-20

leaves K2 @ 9-21

The question remains though: How did they beat Stetson?

Comment

• gamagin
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

re schedule

I noticed at the site (above) that they played Notre Dame and Georgia, among a few other name schools, early in the season. They were crushed.
                        Go TEAM Zags !

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
                          Bleeds Bulldog Blue
                          • Feb 2007

South Carolina Upstate Info...

Some questions are answered here:

1. Why are we playing USCU? Because Payne and Few are friends.

2. Why is USCU playing GU? 70,000 good reasons.

3. With the bad weather on the East Coast, will they make it? They're already here.

Last edited by Angelo Roncalli; 03-02-2009, 07:29 PM.
                          You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• kitzbuel
                            • Feb 2007

Brutal.
                            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• CB4
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2009

It's senior night so in the end it really doesn't matter who they play. That being said, it would have been nice to support a team like Seattle U. They'd also be kinda cool and probably more enjoyable to watch then a team that basically came out of no where.

Comment

Working...
                              X