PDA

View Full Version : Match Up vs St. Mary's on Monday?

77Zag
03-02-2009, 07:43 AM
So if it all holds "true to form", the Zags should see Santa Clara, possibly USD -

Assuming we survive the semi final -- and "true to form" works on the other side of the bracket...

Will Patty Mills be on the floor --?? Anybody have info --
Either way, it will be a good show in Vegas.

77Zag
03-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Does anyone have info if Mills will play on Sunday?

zagsfanforlife
03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
If you trust Ian O'leary, I asked him after the LMU game and he told me Mills will not be back for the WCC tournament, will not be back for the NCAA tournament and will enter his name into the NBA draft after this year. take that for what you believe its worth.

The gael fans were mentioning how his hand is still pretty swollen so I doubt he will be ready for Monday's game, let alone the tournament.

We will have to wait and see. I hope he is back. I love watching him play and would love to see him live in Vegas.

lothar98zag
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
If you trust Ian O'leary, I asked him after the LMU game and he told me Mills will not be back for the WCC tournament, will not be back for the NCAA tournament and will enter his name into the NBA draft after this year. take that for what you believe its worth.

The gael fans were mentioning how his hand is still pretty swollen so I doubt he will be ready for Monday's game, let alone the tournament.

We will have to wait and see. I hope he is back. I love watching him play and would love to see him live in Vegas.
Wait. Forget the info RE: Mills - You call yourself a Zag fan, but you went to the SMC-LMU game that was being played the same time as the GU-USD game? Hopefully you redeem yourself by telling me you brought a laptop with you and watched the GU game that way... :p

Nevtelen
03-02-2009, 12:05 PM

That would be a really sad end to a potentially great collegiate career for Mills if he declared, but I do think it might be a smart decision for him to do so, considering this year's draft isn't exactly stellar.

I hope you're wrong about Mills not playing in the NCAAs, but that hand looked pretty swollen from what I saw on TV.

sdzag
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
BUT NOW WITH MILLS

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3947172

BobZag
03-02-2009, 02:37 PM
One game at a time. Whoa, Nellie. If Gonzaga doesn't beat SCU or USD or whomever Sunday evening, it's all moot.

Win the semi-final game!

GonzagaDynasty
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Patty Mills will play in the WCC tournement.. He's been cleared to play, just dont know if he will be effective or not. I hope he is, so we can beat a good team.

zagsfanforlife
03-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Wait. Forget the info RE: Mills - You call yourself a Zag fan, but you went to the SMC-LMU game that was being played the same time as the GU-USD game? Hopefully you redeem yourself by telling me you brought a laptop with you and watched the GU game that way... :p

Ya it confuses a lot of people. I currently attend LMU. I was raised an LMU fan by my father and grandpa who attended LMU but I converted to a Zag Fan when watching John Rillie through Bakari Hendrix, then the Santagelo Frahm days.

And great news about Mills. I cant wait considering I will be there. I guess we know not to trust Ian O'leary!

lothar98zag
03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Ya it confuses a lot of people. I currently attend LMU. I was raised an LMU fan by my father and grandpa who attended LMU but I converted to a Zag Fan when watching John Rillie through Bakari Hendrix, then the Santagelo Frahm days.

And great news about Mills. I cant wait considering I will be there. I guess we know not to trust Ian O'leary!
I know I didn't need one, but thanks for the explanation.

PilotNut
03-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Hmmm, Mr. Mills seems to be overlooking the semifinal game that a certain other team I am familiar with might also be playing in (ok, yeah, I cant overlook our first game, either...) :D

lothar98zag
03-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Hmmm, Mr. Mills seems to be overlooking the semifinal game that a certain other team I am familiar with might also be playing in (ok, yeah, I cant overlook our first game, either...) :D
I was thinking the same thing...