PDA

View Full Version : Presenting ....... The Chickens

GoZags
03-01-2009, 09:43 PM
http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/uwsports/

theirishzag03
03-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Looks like a pretty light schedule!!! 3 AIA games, 3 Maui Invite games and 18 Pac-10 games. Hmmm....24 games!!!

Unless....they still have room for Lehigh, Morgan St. Montana, EWU, Pacific, PSU, Portland, Texas Southern, Cleveland St. and Fla Intl.

Plate looks more full of cupcakes than the "Day Old Rack" at the Hostess Outlet store!

dpouley
03-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Congrats on finding a new topic to discuss on this message board...

Something else interesting, I hear that two men named Armstrong and Aldrin have actually walked on the moon.

dpouley
03-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Plate looks more full of cupcakes than the "Day Old Rack" at the Hostess Outlet store!

Kind of like South Carolina Upstate?

theirishzag03
03-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Kind of like South Carolina Upstate?

EXACTLY!!!

Oh wait, well more like USC Upstate X 10

MDABE80
03-01-2009, 10:17 PM
That AIA tournament looks not just RUGGED. No it looks ROMAR rugged. lolol.........he's such a transparent fella. He sure stepped up the schedule.

theirishzag03
03-01-2009, 10:26 PM
That AIA tournament looks not just RUGGED. No it looks ROMAR rugged. lolol.........he's such a transparent fella. He sure stepped up the schedule.

Glad to see you found the "Sarcasm" button!!! It sure comes in handy!!!

"...well, gee, gosh, golly...I would love to try and fit the Zags into our schedule, but we have really big revenue games with Lehigh and Morgan State. I know, I know, I know all about the 5.2 viewer ratings we got last time we played the Zags, but the truth is I thought Gonzaga was on their way down and ....ahhh crap... truth is I am a weenie!!!:lmao:

dpouley
03-02-2009, 08:11 AM

Gonzaga's 2008-2009 SOS: 94
UW's 2008-2009 SOS: 17

Hope this Helps

GoZags
03-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Gonzaga's 2008-2009 SOS: 94
UW's 2008-2009 SOS: 17

Hope this Helps

Oh, the shame of having your A$$ handed to you by the little school with the #94 SOS time after time after time after time after time after time after time after (not this) time after time.

xjzico
03-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Gonzaga Non-Conference SOS: 11
UW Non-Conference SOS: 153

dpouley
03-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Oh, the shame of having your A$$ handed to you by the little school with the #94 SOS time after time after time after time after time after time after time after (not this) time after time.

Were we talking about head to head match ups? I must apologize, I thought the discussion was the SCHEDULE. And it was also my assumption that the point of many of the posts in this thread was that the UW does not play a very good schedule.

If you wanted to talk about head to head match ups why didn't you just start a thread about how the Zags have dominated the UW over the last ten years?

Still amazing that the thing most Zag fans want to discuss second after their team is how much they hate the Huskies. Complex much?

GoZags
03-02-2009, 08:35 AM
why didn't you just start a thread about how the Zags have dominated the UW over the last ten years?

Good point. This board needs more threads*.

15,645 current threads and 384,000+ posts just doesn't quite cover it. Thanks again for the suggestion.

dpouley
03-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Gonzaga Non-Conference SOS: 11
UW Non-Conference SOS: 153

Great work, you have removed 14 games from your schedule in order to improve your SOS ranking. And in doing so you have made a compelling argument for GU leaving the WCC to become an independent.

xjzico
03-02-2009, 09:05 AM
There is no compelling argument for GU to go independent.

The argument is about scheduling. I don't see how UW should get credit for scheduling Pac10 games.

sittingon50
03-02-2009, 09:43 AM
that pouley is back?

77Zag
03-02-2009, 10:17 AM
close this fodder out

ZagSlug
03-02-2009, 11:19 AM
From someone who doesn't live in Washington these pissing contests amuse me.

One school is in a weaker conference, one has a weak non-conference schedule. They both schedule the way that they do to maximize their chances of getting into the NCAA's.

Switch the conferences and the schools would switch schedules.

caribou zag
03-02-2009, 11:29 AM
zagslug hits it out of the park. Couldn't agree with you more.

dpouley
03-02-2009, 11:54 AM

The argument is about scheduling. I don't see how UW should get credit for scheduling Pac10 games.

:lmao:

Who is talking about credit. I am talking REALITY. The UW plays in the Pac10, a conference that is much more difficult than the WCC, therefore the Huskies and every other team in the Pac10 schedules a softer out of conference schedule. Welcome to NCAA basketball scheduling 101, it is the same thing that Duke, UNC, MSU, UConn, UCLA, Kansas, UK, etc., etc. do with their schedules. How do you not understand this?

former1dog
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
A note about neg repping.

DPouley is voicing an unpopular opinion on this board, BUT is he(she) disrespecting anyone? Is DPouley making personal attacks on other fans, on players or anyone on this board?

I don't see it.

Lets show some class and respect an individuals right to express their opinion with out attempting to censor them just because the opinion is unpopular.

I, for one, am getting a little tired of folks "expressing" their opinion with the little red squares instead of using their brains and keyboards.

That is all. Please return to your regularly scheduled thread.

theirishzag03
03-02-2009, 11:59 AM

Great point!!! The reality is we schedule TOUGH games that we do have control of. The Huskies play in a BCS conference and schedule a bunch of mules outside of conference. Obviously the Huskies would NOT be 14-0 in the WCC this year as they got off to an 0-1 start vs. Portland!!! That must have scared the bajeezus out of Romar!!! Then, Portland goes into the same road trip in 2nd place in the WCC that the Zags need to sweep to secure 14-0 and they LOSE both! Try to diminish the WCC all you can, but until Romar mans up and schedules us again or comes up with a different excuse as to why (when he can find rooom to play Portland, and lose) they ARE chickens. PERIOD

TM27
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
If DP does receive neg rep...it will be for the bromance pic of BRoy, not for his thoughts on scheduling.

dpouley
03-02-2009, 12:13 PM
If DP does receive neg rep...it will be for the bromance pic of BRoy, not for his thoughts on scheduling.

LOL, that is really funny.

Which one is worse? Broy or NateRob?

http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/nate_robinson.png

lothar98zag
03-02-2009, 12:13 PM
A note about neg repping.

DPouley is voicing an unpopular opinion on this board, BUT is he(she) disrespecting anyone? Is DPouley making personal attacks on other fans, on players or anyone on this board?

I don't see it.

Lets show some class and respect an individuals right to express their opinion with out attempting to censor them just because the opinion is unpopular.

I, for one, am getting a little tired of folks "expressing" their opinion with the little red squares instead of using their brains and keyboards.

That is all. Please return to your regularly scheduled thread.
I have no problem with fans of "rival" teams getting neg rep - just for being fans of those teams.

(as long as the rep comments don't cross the line)

dpouley
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
I have no problem with fans of "rival" teams getting neg rep - just for being fans of those teams.

(as long as the rep comments don't cross the line)

I basically expect to get negative rep when I discuss the Dawgs, I followed everyone here from the days of the Scout site and was probably just as unpopular there. Usually the comments are something along the lines of: "leave!" or "you're an idiot!" I have thick skin, otherwise I would not come back.

ZagNative
03-02-2009, 12:24 PM
From someone who doesn't live in Washington these pissing contests amuse me.

One school is in a weaker conference, one has a weak non-conference schedule. They both schedule the way that they do to maximize their chances of getting into the NCAA's.

Switch the conferences and the schools would switch schedules.+1

I am not a Husky partisan, but I do get tired of the "chicken" talk and the constant stream of Husky bashing. It does smack of an inferiority complex, IMO.

former1dog
03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
+1

I am not a Husky partisan, but I do get tired of the "chicken" talk and the constant stream of Husky bashing. It does smack of an inferiority complex, IMO.

+2.... Mark in on your calendar, F1Dog agrees with ZN. :D

dawgfather11
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
+1

wow a zag fan who actually gets it! Very refreshing zn :P Only 5 days to vegas boys!

former1dog
03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
wow a zag fan who actually gets it! Very refreshing zn :P Only 5 days to vegas boys!

In case you're keeping score... A few more of us are not Dawg-gone obsessed.

It would be a good game, though, and wish it were on the schedule.
;)

MDABE80
03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
You're right... former......I miss those beatdowns....... I wish Romar would put em back on the schedule. Those were fun:)