PDA

View Full Version : Katz on Heytvelt

dnj116
03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Living Up To The Hype
Josh Heytvelt, Sr., F, Gonzaga: Heytvelt was injury-plagued throughout most of his career and a suspension due to possession of a illegal substance didn't help his maturation on the court. It did off the court as Heytvelt got his priorities in order. He has become the player he was envisioned to be three years ago: a go-to player in the post who can put up major numbers. Heytvelt wound down his WCC career with 28 points against Pepperdine, 29 at Santa Clara and then a solid 11 in a win at San Diego. That last win finished off a 14-0 WCC regular season, quite an accomplishment for the Zags, even with injured Saint Mary's guard Patty Mills missing the last three halves against Gonzaga.

Way to go Heytvelt, you've certainly come a long way in your years here at GU. Here's to hoping we continue this momentum into the tourney.

GonzagaDynasty
03-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I pray Josh can keep this up througout the tourney. With Pargo playing great at the Point, Matt being Matt, Micah finding his role, Steven being Steven, and Josh playing like this, I smell Final Four... Keep it going boys.

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I think Josh's hard work is going to pay off in the form of an NBA contract for next season. He's 6'11, 250 lbs, and has a beautiful shooting stroke. Guys have made successful NBA careers from a lot less.