• Jan 2007

Good RPI Help and more

WSU > ASU
    Tenn > Florida
    Ok St. > Texas
    PSU > EWU
    UConn > ND
    Memphis wins

And Maryland will try to beat NC State later today. Every little bit helps. I thought the Vols would lose for sure in Gainesville today; glad I thought wrong.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • theirishzag03
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2009

Can't hurt

For seeding purposes-

Marquette losing again w/o Dominic James
    Missouri getting smoked by 25 vs. Kansas
    Illinois losing at home to MSU

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
    "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

I forgot

Idaho > Fresno St.
      Tex, So. wins
      USC-Upstate win
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2008

I hope we don't get "Butler'd" this year. Last year Butler was #10 in the polls going into selection Sunday, but they got a #7 seed in the tourney, which I think was due to their RPI.
        What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• SDzagster
          Kennel Club Material
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
          I hope we don't get "Butler'd" this year. Last year Butler was #10 in the polls going into selection Sunday, but they got a #7 seed in the tourney, which I think was due to their RPI.
          RPI is a big deal - my memory isn't that great but it seems like the Zags were in the top 6 going into selection Sunday in 2002 and were "rewarded" with a #6 seed against Wyoming.

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

I have believed for a long time that we'd be getting a #5 seed. But it's beginning to look like it's going to be a #6. I am hoping we will end up out west. Maybe we'll still meet UW as a #6 if the can get a #3. They are really going going up in the polls. You must admit that wins over Arizona and Arizona state are better than wins over San Diego and Santa Clara.

I think our non conference games killed us this year. We really didn't beat anyone all THAT great. Tennessee now appears mediocre. But Maryland and Oklahoma State are looking better. Tennessee's win today really did help. I kind of thought they were going to blow it too. I was really pulling for them.

I think our non conference losses will end up hurting us in the bracket. But I don't really think it matters all that much. What we need to do is just focus on playing each game and doing the very best we can play.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Hextall7388
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2008

Surprisingly, Butler had an RPI of 17 last year before the tournament, so who really knows.

Comment

• theirishzag03
                Kennel Club
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                I think our non conference losses will end up hurting us in the bracket. But I don't really think it matters all that much. What we need to do is just focus on playing each game and doing the very best we can play.
                You mean our non-conference LOSS, right? I do not think losing @Arizona(RPI-49), @Utah(9), or vs. UConn(4) and Memphis(7) will hurt too bad. PSU(119) does! The rest you can blame on Few for scheduling Pepperdine and Loyola twice!!!

What puzzles me is Xavier losing to Charlotte didn't seem to hurt their seed and Michigan State seems to be a lock for a #2 even though Maryland blew them out and then lost to us by 22. They also have a "bad" home losses to NW . AND the got to play Indiana 2 times!

Hey come to think about it Michigan State has a home loss to PSU also!!!

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
                "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige

Comment

Working...
                X