PDA

View Full Version : Who will go deeper in the dance? UW or Zags?

tyra
03-01-2009, 08:05 AM
And why?

TacomaZAG
03-01-2009, 08:19 AM
If we get stuck with a 7 seed, or something like that, and get shipped to the east coast (where we typically don't play well) I don't like our chances of going beyond the first weekend. The Fuskies will be in Portland for sure, probably with a 3 or 4 seed, so they will be in good shape to make it to the second weekend.

If we are in Portland or Boise (5 seed) I like our chances, although I typically don't like the 5-12 matchup.

So.......if we stay close to home, I say we go farther. I would love to see our road go through Portland and the Fuskies, although the committee will probably put us up against another good non-BCS conference school in the first or second round (like last year) to limit the chances of the non-BCS schools making a run. The committee loves a "tournament darling" from a non-BCS conference (Davidson, George Mason, ZAGS, others), but only one per year. The way to control that is to have the good non-BCS schools play each other early.

Go ZAGS

Bogozags
03-01-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't think the location is so important as we have played well at neutral sites this year and in the past.

Rather the type of team we play or are seeded with will make a big difference. Finesse teams are easier for us to deal with. Those that run specific systems and have role players, these I believe are our best type of opponents.

Those teams that are very athletic, physical and with quick guards are teams that give us the most difficulties. That is not saying we cannot win against these types of teams but it just makes it harder. AZ, Memphis and Uconn have quick guards as well as physical big men. We should have beaten AZ and Uconn and were just completely out played by Memphis.

Again, it doesn't matter where but rather who we play against that will more than likely determine our success at the Dance.

bigblahla
03-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Unfortunately I think we get screwed again shipped to the East coast for the 9am EST (6am real time) sacrificial game against a team who's fan base is within driving distance. I do believe the time we play is important it's a biological clock thing. There is NO LOVE from the committee for our Zags. Sure as heck hope I'm wrong.

As far as the doggies I think they disappear the first time they run up against a real physical team with a good point guard.

Go!! Zags!!!

DoMieD
03-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Matchups, Matchups, Matchups.

jim77
03-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I see both teams going to the sweet 16. I hope they are not in our bracket...heck, I hope they are on the other side of the page. I really don't want to play them....I'd like to see both go deep. I think the 2 teams are pretty even.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-01-2009, 11:49 AM
the committee will probably put us up against another good non-BCS conference school in the first or second round (like last year) to limit the chances of the non-BCS schools making a run. The committee loves a "tournament darling" from a non-BCS conference (Davidson, George Mason, ZAGS, others), but only one per year. The way to control that is to have the good non-BCS schools play each other early.

This is utter nonsense. Good grief, the committee has a massive job at hand just selecting the field and getting everyone seeded and making the schedule work and the travel arrangements, AND THEN you think they still have time to conspire to screw certain teams. There is absolutely no evidence this kind of thing takes place. File this under the loony conspiracy theories.

Ezag
03-01-2009, 11:55 AM
We don't get screwed every year, we play like S*** every year!

SUSpokanative
03-01-2009, 12:33 PM
I hate to say it, but the tan clad lads from Montlake are looking really good. Great defense and guard play. We looked awful yesterday against a mediocore S.D. I hope we don't meet them and regardless our chances are looking dim again..

krozman
03-01-2009, 02:25 PM
We don't get screwed every year, we play like S*** every year!

more truth in this right now. have to reverse the trend.

dawgfather11
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
impossible to say before the brackets are out, I think UW is playing much better but as was said by pretty much everyone it's all about matchups.

kclubfounder
03-01-2009, 02:55 PM
There are no 9 AM EST games that are 6 AM our time. The earliest game will be 12:10 PM EST and 9:10 AM our time.

It would be a bit harsh to have my game-time buzz at 6 AM, but I would do it if I had to.

bigblahla
03-01-2009, 03:08 PM
There are no 9 AM EST games that are 6 AM our time. The earliest game will be 12:10 PM EST and 9:10 AM our time.
It would be a bit harsh to have my game-time buzz at 6 AM, but I would do it if I had to.

Ooops! well it will feel like 6am even if it's actually 9:10am. My point is we don't seem to perform as good early in the day.

Go!! Zags!!!