PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jon Brockman

TacomaZAG
03-01-2009, 08:01 AM
As much as I hate the Fuskies, I have really enjoyed watching and reading about Brockman the last four years. The kid is a warrior, brings it every night, and embodies everything I love about college basketball. He has always been a "team first" guy and would probably take a bullet for the program, if that's what was necessary.

He should be Pac-10 POY IMO, but probably won't get it because he is not as flashy as some of the other guys in the league.

The greatest compliment I can give him is that he would have made a great ZAG.

Congrats Jon on a great year and great career.

Go ZAGS

zagzilla
03-01-2009, 08:54 AM
if had come to GU he would have gone to a final four

SonofZagineer
03-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Brockman deserves PAC-10 Player of the year but you are right that he is not flashy enough. He is a class act and it is great to see a player of his caliber stay for all four years, wish more players did it. CLASS ACT!

RenoZag
03-01-2009, 10:25 AM
if had come to GU he would have gone to a final four

:confused:

MDABE80
03-01-2009, 10:26 AM
I liked this kid right away. He was in Spokane when he was a HS Junior. Pendo was a Senior in HS and at the same tournament. I met and chatted with him over at the Perkins on Division before he laced em up at the Old Kennel. What a nice young kid.

He's graduating with good grades in "Construction Science"..it's a tough major. Wish he would have come here. UNC wanted him in the worst way...instead he got Romar. BUT this last year, he will find his way to the NCAA tourney again. Press loves UW...and as BCS goes, the winner of the Pac X will be hyped.....even with the losses. I will say this much: UW wouldn't be close to being ranked without Jon. Don't know about the NBA chances but if Barkely can do it, Jon surely can.

bigblahla
03-01-2009, 10:34 AM
I appreciated Nate and Brandon but Brockman is the best Fusky to lace them up in years. His motor is always running when I've watched the Fuskies he never takes a play off. Great player. Should have been a Zag.

Go!! Zags!!!

CDC84
03-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Brockman is one of the more unheralded college basketball players that has existed in recent seasons. He just delivers night in and night out.

jim77
03-01-2009, 11:38 AM
I love Brockman's game...that fella plays his rear end off.

Many here won't like what I'll say but, the Huskies have a pretty darn good team. We would have our hands full if we played them.

Larrylegend
03-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Can you imagine if Brockman had gone to GU? With his toughness, rebounding, attitude and interior, back-to-the basket ability, GU would be undefeated this year.

UberZagFan
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Brockman is a warrior and good for him that he'll have a chance to end his college career in the NCAA tourney.