• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

---GUnit of the Game--( USD ) -- 2/28

Zags go 7 - 1 in February. . .Win the WCC regular season with a 14 - 0 mark.

23 - 5 on the season.

Balanced scoring from the starters, good defense throughout the game.

Who's your GUnit, Zag fans ?
    Micah Downs
    13.98%
    Josh Heytvelt
    5.38%
    Jeremy Pargo
    17.20%
    Matt Bouldin
    38.71%
    It was a TEAM effort !!
    24.73%
    Somebody else, thanks.
    0.00%
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-28-2009, 06:00 PM.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • DoMieD
    Banned
    • Feb 2009

Very good Team Effort, but Bouldin did everything great.

Comment

• gamagin
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I like Micah

I think he broke it open for us and finished strong. lots of double digit scorers and excellent, balanced teamwork, much of the time ! all good.

Go Zags !
      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
        Bleeds Bulldog Blue
        • Feb 2007

Matty B.
        You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Mar 2008

Matty B

Comment

• FieldHouseFishHouse
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2009

Micah Downs. Efficient scoring, quality minutes. MB had the better line, but Down tenacity on defense impressed me tonight.

Comment

• gozags09
              Kennel Club Material
              • May 2008

Kind of uninspired workmanlike effort...Matty played steady through most of the game....Josh seemed to be the only Zag ready to play at the tip...Jeremy gave us a spark...Micah played hard...two big threes to settle it...

GUNIT = Matty

Comment

• johnwzag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2008

I am going to be a little different. Pargo had some quality minutes where if he did not have them, USD would have been ahead of us and we may have lost that game. He kept us ahead and Matt and Micah finished it off.
                When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• FuManShoes
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I'm going with the team. For one, several guys made solid contributions at different times - Heyt at the start, Pargo near the end of the half, Downs, Bouldin and Daye in the second half. But most of all, it took teamwork to run through the WCC undefeated and this group deserves some special recognition.
                  “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• SDzagster
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Jul 2007

Bouldin

I'll give it to Matty but it was really Coach Few and the overall team effort. Coach Few showed a real toughness on the bench tonight - no way was he going to lose to Billy Grier.

Comment

It was a real team effort on the defensive end. USD uglied it up, like they always do, and it took a long time for our offense to kick in. But the defense was solid all night, forcing USD to work real hard for all their points.

On offense, Josh was hot out of the gate, while you Comcastians were loving NASCAR. Then, with the offense totally stagnant, JP caused two turnovers in a row, and scored on both of them, turning the momentum around.

Micah hit two huge three's in a row to ignite the second half surge, while Matt was our all-around most consistent scorer.

As Reno pointed out at the front of this thread, 23-5 record, 14-0 in league. I think this team is peaking at about the right time.

Go Zags!

Comment

• malmer7
                        Kennel Club
                        • Jan 2008

it was definitely a great team effort, but i had to choose one so i went with micah - his big buckets and rebounds were very timely... great game zags!

Comment

• NEC26
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Matt Bouldin,he led the team in points rebounds and assists.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                            • Feb 2007

The guy the lead the team in rebounds, assists and points... Matty B.
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• kitzbuel
                              • Feb 2007

I liked Jeremy's play tonight. It was a team win and as a team leader, he really set the tone. He did what needed to be done and picked up his intensity and penetrated when it was needed.
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Working...
                              X