PDA

View Full Version : What are you excited about today?

bzzz61
02-28-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm excited about an opportunity to go undefeated in league play. Let's get it done!

RenoZag
02-28-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm excited because it's a day closer to the start of my Vegas trip. . .Also eager to see USD get flattened by the Zag steam roller.

gamagin
02-28-2009, 08:31 AM
how we deal with the Grier factor -- the "other" GU coach who knows (or used to know) as much about our players and their weaknesses as well as strengths because he either recruited them or scouted them for the Zags.

that plus his multiple years with Few, them having tons of insider information on each other, them being close friends and great foes at game time, tends to turn the tension up on all sides. And that can be exciting.

Grier, naturally, has tried his best to exploit those weaknesses. Our lads have continued to outgrow and move on from those proclivities and show USD this is a new team and a new attitude USD is facing. A mature, undefeated team and an attitude to match.

Yet, the grier factor, which has legs for no more than perhaps this year, is still there and therefore, even though USD is down, they are not out of any game we have with them.

Reno: I am glad you are excited to go from Reno to Las Vegas. It's time for a seachange like this !

Go Zags !

gamagin
02-28-2009, 09:25 AM
but, I think, worthy of sending again.

It's an interview w/Few in which he assesses both games on the current road trip, plus the upcoming senior night next week.

This was done by the local tv station before the road trip began.

I found the low scoring mentality of both SCU & San Diego and the challenges that presents to a generally high scoring team, an interesting challenge, here. fwiw.

http://www.krem.com/video/gonzaga-index.html?nvid=335250

Go Zags !

Reborn
02-28-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm excited to see the game at 4:30. We won't have to wait until tonight to get it on. I'm excited to watch our last conference game at San Diego and watch them stick it to San Diego in their gym. I'm excited to see the energy the Zags play with this afternoon, and all the great plays that this energy creates. I want to see Josh have another great game. I am really excited to see how our guards dominate today, and especially hoping that Steven Gray is knocking down the three's.

I'm excited to see the smiles I've come to love, and also that look of a lion that Josh has after he slams one home. I would love to see the team making at least 8 three's today. I believe we need to get the 3 pt shooting a lot better before the NcAA turnament.

wiszag
02-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm excited that we'll have a chance to go undefeated in conference, that's a hell of an accomplishment. Billy will find a way to keep his team in it. This game matters because one of the criteria that the seeding committee looks at is performance in the last 10 games. It'd be nice if the zags were 10-0 in that particular category.

No injuries!

DenDiegoZag
02-28-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm excited to be headed to the pregame social in beautiful 85 degree weather...It's actually going to be hard to walk inside and go to a game it's so nice out...oh and the realitively free Widmer Bros. beer at the socail...

Here's to a Zag's Victory...

GO ZAGS!