PDA

View Full Version : Heytvelt vs. What big?

FuManShoes
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Josh is playing inspired ball. Who would you most like to see him play? I say Blair, and not the one from Facts of Life. Rematch vs Hill is No. 2.

snebzag
02-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Blair is brutal. Josh goes mid-range and longer to score. On defense he stands straight up to stay out of foul trouble and gets some help. Gets roughed up a bit I think.

Rematch please. I think he would play Hill with a new attitude and confidence he is currently exhibiting. Own him.

My wish. Brockman. This match up would bring both players very close to throwing blows. Very Physical and not pretty. Just want the Huskies with a ZAG victory.

gu03alum
02-27-2009, 08:34 PM
The obvious answer is Blake Griffin. I would love to see how he stacks up against the best player in the country.

CDC84
02-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Hill, Griffin, Brockman, Blair....all chances for Heytvelt to land in serious foul trouble. If that happens, the Zags are history. The Zags absolutely cannot afford to have Daye or Heytvelt land in serious foul trouble during the NCAA tournament. There is no wiggle room if Sacre is out.

SUSpokanative
02-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Josh has been playing inspired ball since Memphis game. Not sure how he or team would fare versus this year's Huskies. Brockman is so tough underneath and their defense has gotten to another level. I love the zags and argue on their behalf all across pugetland. Watch out, the Husky fans are notorious front runners. Now that they have a solid team, watch their AD schedule with Zags, with next game to be in Seattle!

FuManShoes
02-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Hill, Griffin, Brockman, Blair....all chances for Heytvelt to land in serious foul trouble. If that happens, the Zags are history. The Zags absolutely cannot afford to have Daye or Heytvelt land in serious foul trouble during the NCAA tournament. There is no wiggle room if Sacre is out.

Ah, but this is the dilemma. If the Zags hope to advance in the Dance this year, it's a fair bet they will have to beat a team with a solid big man. Can they do it with Josh and Austin alone? They took on WSU, UConn, Tennessee, St Mary's and Santa Clara without Sacre and I'd argue won those interior battles, usually by getting opposing bigs in foul trouble or pushing the tempo. Wish we knew why Foster is on the outside looking in again. But back to my point -- when Josh is on, and he's really on right now, he can beat a team five ways to Sunday: pick and pop, spot-up threes, tip jams, alley-oops, hook shots, bank shots, put-backs. You name it. Is there a more versatile 6-11 guy in the college game? Griffin, perhaps? (Not sure he has the perimeter skills, nor needs them). Singler (albeit, he's more a 3/4 than a 4/5). Of course I'm not saying Josh is some unstoppable force. Seems he really, really has to will himself to fight down low, but when he does, he's an unique force.