PDA

View Full Version : I Personally Want to Thank Bronco Stupidity

BobZag
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Thank you for choking up the final two games in 2007 and allowing Gonzaga's dominance of WCC Championships to continue.

Thank you to Brody Angley for pulling the most boneheaded play in recent history to allow Gonzaga to continue its dominance in 2008.

Thank you to the Ruff Riders for robbing their team of any opportunity at a win and assisting Gonzaga in its 2009 quest for a 3rd undefeated WCC season in six seasons.

'Taint there anything else you can do for us?

Sincerely,
GONZAGA

http://207.228.243.82/ttb/thank-you.jpg

sdzag
02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Let us not forget allowing us to storm their court even though we were the #1 seed in the WCC Tourny.

BobZag
02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
It's like Thanksgiving. I'm just very grateful for SCU boneheadedness.

sittingon50
02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I get the impression BZ likes the broncos about as much as I like the huskies!

Angelo Roncalli
02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
1995, Santa Clara featured junior Steve Nash. The WCC tournament was played at Toso arena. #1 Santa Clara loses to #8 LMU in the first round, opening the bracket for John Rillie to shoot GU to the tournament championship and its first NCAA tournament. Thanks Broncos!

But my favorite comes from Hoopfest 2007. Championship game, with a team featuring Santa Clara grads Spittin' Danny Pariseau and Phil Van Buchwaldt (who received bachelor's and master's degrees from Santa Clara). With the game in hand and cruising toward a win, Van Buchwaldt dunks in violation of Hoopfest rules. Technical. Point off the board, point to the other team. Buoyed by the gift, Team Wildcat rallies and defeats the Santa Clara grads for the championship of the biggest 3-on-3 tournament in America. I would have paid to see it.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2007/jul/02/hoopfest-delight/

malmer7
02-27-2009, 10:39 AM
i just filled out a "venue report" on espn for the leavey center - and when i got to the "list some memories" portion, it's unbelievable all the great moments that have transpired in that building. even with the dummies throwing trash on the floor, last night was no exception, another great experience and hard fought game. if i hadn't been there to see the trash come flying out of the rough riders crowd i could have seen it coming from a zag fan, we were a 10 point favor right? nah, we're not capable of that...

late addition: i must add that the students that didn't make it in time to be in the official student section were all around us and they had some choice words for my wife as she continuously stood up to cheer the zags, pretty weak as well... i love the passion from their student section, but it's almost like they're just amateurs with one time a year to get crazy and then they go overboard like a freshman at his or her first kennel club party!

GoZAGsMang
02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
no class

lothar98zag
02-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Thank you for choking up the final two games in 2007 and allowing Gonzaga's dominance of WCC Championships to continue.

Thank you to Brody Angley for pulling the most boneheaded play in recent history to allow Gonzaga to continue its dominance in 2008.

Thank you to the Ruff Riders for robbing their team of any opportunity at a win and assisting Gonzaga in its 2009 quest for a 3rd undefeated WCC season in six seasons.

'Taint there anything else you can do for us?

Sincerely,
GONZAGA

http://207.228.243.82/ttb/thank-you.jpg
cosigned

Bing
02-27-2009, 12:31 PM
This is what I'd written in another thread.

Santa Clara has always looked upon Gonzaga with disdain. Their Administration, their Alumni and their students.

That this happened to them is poetic justice.

CroatiaZag
02-27-2009, 12:38 PM
I would agree with that stereotype for the most part.

However, http://scufanscom.yuku.com/topic/2033/t/I-lost-a-lot-of-respect-for-SCU-tonight.html

I'd bet the kid was a drunk, non-basketball fan who saw his opportunity to get on national tv. And I'm on par w/ BZ.........we'll take it.

Zag4Hire
02-27-2009, 12:43 PM
How good was it that the game was close enough to make the justification that the technicals could/did play a part? That only tightens the screws that much more.

Honestly, if Kerry Keating knew any better, he should have went with one of the following options:
1) Nick Nolte ala 'Blue Chips' and grabbed the ball and punted it into the upper deck,
2) Bobby Knight, Chair-Tosser
3) or Billy Tubbs' infamous 'Regardless of how terrible the officiating is, do not throw stuff on the floor.' "

malmer7
02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I would agree with that stereotype for the most part.

However, http://scufanscom.yuku.com/topic/2033/t/I-lost-a-lot-of-respect-for-SCU-tonight.html

I'd bet the kid was a drunk, non-basketball fan who saw his opportunity to get on national tv. And I'm on par w/ BZ.........we'll take it.

wow, thanks for the link, i just read the entire thread and those are some seriously embarrassed fans and i feel for them.
the guy that is right on the money is the one who blames it on not having enough real basketball fans, that these were the once-a-year fair-weather fans that don't know jack about basketball or how to treat the players, too bad.

Das Zagger
02-27-2009, 01:37 PM
1995, Santa Clara featured junior Steve Nash. The WCC tournament was played at Toso arena. #1 Santa Clara loses to #8 LMU in the first round

I went to that tournament down at SC. Earlier in the day, Nash was out selling student section (dont remember if they were "rough riders" then) instead, I guess, of resting/preparing. Saw an LMU assistant and told him about it, he goes on and tells his team before the game.

freezer12
02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Speaking of class, this thread is dripping with it.

BobZag
02-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Speaking of class, this thread is dripping with it.

Thank You! :clap: