PDA

View Full Version : Game predictions for Gonzaga vs San Diego

Reborn
02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Well, here we are finally. Tomorrow will be our last conference game. Will we go undefeated? I say YES!!!

Gonzaga 73
San Diego 63

This is the final conference game for our seniors. They will not let this one slip away. I think that going undefeated in conference play has been a team goal all year. The Zag seem to be coming together nicely right now. The cohesiveness is there, and the focus is back. I anticipate a lot of pressing against them to speed up the game some. San Diego will want to slow it way down, but Few won't allow that. They appear weak at the guard spot, so we'll try to force turnovers.

KOzag08
02-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Isn't Trumaine Johnson out?

I say zags by 21

79-58

malmer7
02-27-2009, 08:49 AM
with johnson out we win, but we won't win big (well, not too big) - i see a strong game from our guards (bouldin - 18, downs - 13 and gray - 12) and the zags pull away with 10 mins to go, final score... zags 78 usd 67

Das Zagger
02-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Billy G is going to have his team gunning for us. They definitely have some mo after beating Portland last night. However, I think GU has more horses than USD and we win by 10ish.

gamagin
02-27-2009, 09:01 AM
we win.

Barring the disruption that accompanied the SCU ending, I think we beat them by 8 or better. But it will take every second of every minute to sink and then secure the dagger. frankly, it should be good practice for us to fill every moment against teams that would like nothing more than to beat us.

In desparation or otherwise, they are hungrier than we are. and so are their fans and coaches, alumni, parents and boards of trustees, water boys and girls, you name it.

It is our duty to break their hearts. Again.

Go Zags !

Reborn
03-01-2009, 06:09 AM
Not too many fans posting for this one, but all who did had it close and were spot on. Malmer7 hit the point spread (11 points) right on. Congrats. Most of us saw the game as being played at a little faster pace, and had the Zags in the 70's and Terreros in the 60's. I thought Few just chose to not blow them out because I think we could have in the second half.

I want to give a shout out to Coach Bill Grier of San Diego for a great job coaching this year. He had a couple pretty big set backs. I think his win over Portland Thursday night shows what a good job he has done. One of his guards walks out on the team the night before the game. I also thought that Jackson did a great job of handling the team at the point last night. He's usually the two guard. The guy starting I'm sure lost his confidence after Jeremy stripped him two times in a row.