PDA

View Full Version : ---GUnit of the Game--( SCU ) -- 2/26

RenoZag
02-26-2009, 09:05 PM
13 -0 in the conference. . .Josh had another monster game. . .Jeremy has 5 assts and 0 TO's as this post is drafted. . .Pargo, Daye, and Bouldin all in double figures.

Good road win in one of the toughest gyms in the WCC.

Who's your Gunit tonight, Zag fans ?

GoZAGsMang
02-26-2009, 09:06 PM
I hate to say it Santa Clara fans are the GUnit

GoZAGsMang
02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
JH all daye, but Santa Clara fans are a in second

GoZAGsMang

Bocco
02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Josh had a monster night.

..and how frustrating for the SCU players to have a couple of stupid fans throwing crap on the court.

kitzbuel
02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Josh, followed by SCU 6th Man

outrunu
02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I hate to say it Santa Clara fans are the GUnit

Here Here...what idiots.....without those 4 freebes its a 1 point game with 2 to go.....but I digress. Josh was the man. A dominant 29. Nice game by SCU though, they showed a lot of heart.

MedZag
02-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Josh Heytvelt. A good combo of hard nosed and crafty against Bryant and an absolute beast on the offensive end. The man was in Hulk mode tonight.

But a special thanks to the Puff Ryders for making the last 3 minutes comfy :)

MotoZag
02-26-2009, 09:13 PM
I've seen objects thrown onto the floor, but never TWICE on a nationally televised game. Shame on the fans. Also, I've never been able to hear the fans so well as far as negative chants and loud individuals shouting. ESPN must have turned their crowd mics up. Great effort on closing it out in a team effort.

former1dog
02-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Josh had a monster night.

..and how frustrating for the SCU players to have a couple of stupid fans throwing crap on the court.

Just so disapointed to see that from the student section.

Great game Josh, you got my vote.

I thought Pargo played pretty darn well also.

GU69
02-26-2009, 09:15 PM
without those 4 freebes its a 1 point game with 2 to go.....

I feel sorry for the SCU players.

What a stupid fan section.

Josh is the GUnit -- He has really stepped up the last couple of games.

Once and Future Zag
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Josh times 5.

Excellent all-around play. He just proved that he can and will go toe to toe with a high-level big and more than hold his own.

Don't be fooled. John Bryant is a very, very good college player. Josh, tonight, was spectacular.

outrunu
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
No Fair.....Shenanigans.....I voted before Debris throwing wanker was an option.

or I may be slightly intoxicated and missed it....not sure.

gamagin
02-26-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't think he has played a more complete game than this one. so far !

Go Zags !

LongIslandZagFan
Josh ran away with it... but a big HM to the Dumb-Riders for killing their team's chances of winning the game.

Birddog
JOSH He was outfriggenstanding!

RenoZag
02-26-2009, 09:18 PM
No Fair.....Shenanigans.....I voted before Debris throwing wanker was an option.

Sorry, outrunu, I'm an old slow typist. . .;)

bigblahla
02-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Pargo was awesome so was Matt, tough win but Josh was the man.

Josh = GUnit.

Go!! Zags!!!

ZagSlug
02-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Josh took on the guy putting up the best numbers in the conference and was dominant.

I would blame the debris launch on alcohol but that late in the game in a gym that warm I would assume that they were sober.

Reborn
Josh easily dominated this game. What I enjoyed was how the announcers did nothing but talk about Bryant all night long, as if they were on his side to get POY in WCC. I've said it before twice, and I'll say it again. Josh Heytvelt or Matt Boulding is POY. They both had very good games tonight, but Josh just a little better. You can see the fire in Josh's eyes, and actually in Matt's and Pargo's too. I am just so proud of Josh. This was the match-up of the year in the WCC I felt. So much has been said about Bryant, deservedly too. Bryant is very, very good. Josh has so many ways to get his points. He is a rare talent at the post, and has finally developed his game. You have to give a lot of credit to the coaches for helping him, and their patience.

2wiceright
Josh Heytfelt, another career high and almost (9) DD! Great job Josh...

-runner up...rough rider student section (way to ruin a hard fought game for your team).

fedwayzag
02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
No question it is Josh. What was he 10-14 from the field. Thats efficiency. Also had 10 boards.

Akzag
02-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Josh's previous highs against Pepperdine ... well, they were "easy" career highs. This was nice. He worked it against a high-caliber big.

Nice job Josh.

outrunu
02-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Sorry, outrunu, I'm an old slow typist. . .;)

I just about spit my beer when I scrolled up and saw that. topped my night. Great use of the word wanker(s) by the way. :cheers: :cheers:

DoMieD
02-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Josh, Hands down!

Angelo Roncalli
02-26-2009, 09:54 PM
JH, outstanding.

HM to Jeremy Pargo. Superb line. 10 pts, 5 assts. and NO TO's.

Special lifetime achievement award to the Santa Clara Ruff Ryders. I didn't think it was possible to outdo Brody Angley's dumb play at the end of regulation last year in Leavey, but the Santa Clara students took up the challenge and took it to new level tonight.

NotoriousZ
02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice Josher! When's the last time a senior had back-to-back career highs?

Who says alcohol and basketball don't mix? Thanks idiot SCU fans! Let that be a lesson for all: if you're going to drink at or before the game, have a designated "don't throw crap on the floor you drunk idiot" person with you at all times.

TerpZag
02-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Josh Heytvelt = GUnit, no question.

29 points including 2 for 2 beyond the arc, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals and 0 turnovers!

tyra
02-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Furthermore, Josh's play -- for whatever reason -- has been undervalued this year by most announcers. They could have just as easily been talking about how he is "totally back" after injuries, etc, and showing all the promise attributed to him when younger. His defense has been rock hard against Bryant and Samhan and anyone he was on.

bballbeachbum
02-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Nice Josher! When's the last time a senior had back-to-back career highs?

Who says alcohol and basketball don't mix? Thanks idiot SCU fans! Let that be a lesson for all: if you're going to drink at or before the game, have a designated "don't throw crap on the floor you drunk idiot" person with you at all times.

:lmao:

Angelo had me laughing too.

Josh...rise young man, rise...................

Nevtelen
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Josh was an absolute stud. Man did he bring it. GUnit to him.

Agreed with Angelo, though - big HM to Pargo: really, really impressive line from him and a good mix of scoring and dishing. I was especially impressed because it was so much of a half-court game for long stretches rather than the up and down game that Pargo tends to do better in.

ZagNative
02-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I couldn't be happier for Josh that he's finishing up at Gonzaga with such stellar play! I hope he continues the streak of setting personal bests the rest of the season and through post-season play!

Love this pic of a determined Josh driving past Bryant in tonight's game:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Heytvelt/2009-02-27JoshHeytveltdrivespastBry.jpg

jim77
02-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Josh (g-unit)put up some nice numbers...Pargo too...Matty nailed it shut with his freethrow shooting. Special thanks to the 2 wankers for flushing their teams hopes down the drain. A nice effort from SCU.

Shanachie
02-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Josh, with HM to Matt and Jeremy.

sdzag
02-27-2009, 06:20 AM
http://www.ebranch.cecil.lib.md.us/DotwiththeFoilBall.jpg

Can this woman possibly the G-Unit of the Game?
You never know who is in the Rough Rider crowd....

Josh Played like a person who wanted to show that he was WCC Player of the year.

malmer7
02-27-2009, 07:35 AM
i went for josh, unbelievable night, but just barely beats out the drunk rough riders...
is it a bad sign when 3 of my old college buddies that knew i'd be at the game last night have already sent me messages asking if I was the one that threw those objects onto the floor??? if only i had been thinking...

gozagswoohoo
02-27-2009, 07:39 AM
If we can keep Josh playing with such intensity and passion....we will do SO MUCH better in March.

My GUnit is Josh.

HM to the wanker.

hockeyzag
02-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Mr. Josh Heytvelt, his best game of the season.

FieldHouseFishHouse
02-27-2009, 01:37 PM
JH, I think it is pretty obvious why. I would like to say one thing though. The two technical fouls did not cost SCU the game. First, GU had to make the free throws (we already had possession on both fouls, so no advantage there). Second, take away four points and the game goes to overtime, not in SCU's win column. Third, SCU made a small run at the end of the game when the Zags were playing "no foul" defense. If the lead is smaller the final two minutes, I don't think SCU gets to the basket or gets open three's as easily. Bottom line, untainted win for the Zags.