PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Aaron Bright update

BobZag
02-26-2009, 08:48 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/842318.html

"Stanford, Arizona and Gonzaga have been calling a lot lately," said Bright. "Cal, Washington State, San Francisco, San Diego and Eastern Washington are also showing interest."

BZ: I'd rather get Kingma, Johnson or Bell in 2011.

ZagNative
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
"San Diego and Eastern Washington have offered," said Bright.

When questioned about the factors he'll consider when picking a school, Bright said, "My relationship with the coaches and a place where I can contribute as a freshman will be important. Also, an offense that suits my game and also the weather."

Bright has already taken some unofficial visits.

"I've been to Stanford, Cal, San Francisco and San Diego," said Bright.The weather? doesn't sound as if the 'kan would fit the bill for his climate preference ....

Interesting that Hicks & Co. still show him only as a one-star.

MississppiZag
02-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Aaron Bright can get to the rim and plays tough D. Something I haven't heard much of in the discussion of Kingma. Kingma sounds like a good shooter, but does he ever get to the rim. The videos I have seen, say no. Also will Kingma be playing AAU.

I trust Jerry Meyer when he says this kid is a high-major prospect and will continue to climb the rankings. Listed as #74 right now.

I would prefer Bright, but Kingma is a good second option. Or get both and let them prove themselves.

BobZag
02-26-2009, 10:16 AM
They're different classes.

To my knowledge, Bright has never visited Gonzaga for a game or anything else. Otoh, Kingma has been to several Gonzaga games. That kinda tells me something.

But we'll see. Zags are in his top-3.

spudzag
02-26-2009, 10:49 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/842318.html

"Stanford, Arizona and Gonzaga have been calling a lot lately," said Bright. "Cal, Washington State, San Francisco, San Diego and Eastern Washington are also showing interest."

BZ: I'd rather get Kingma, Johnson or Bell in 2011.

Are you seeing this as a guard in '10 or '11 BZ? With at least two probably three spots open in '10 wouldn't it make sense to add a guard after Bouldin's graduation? Gray leaves the next year making room for another guard say Kingma, Johnson or Bell.

Given recent recuiting suggess at the 3, 4 and 5 spots seems like spreading the scholies between positions might provide some balance. Assuming solid recruits at the various positions.

cjm720
02-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Grant Gibbs was recruited more as a 1, if I recall correctly, so we do have some depth beyond next year.

DoggieDogpound
02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Aaron Bright can get to the rim and plays tough D.

I trust Jerry Meyer when he says this kid is a high-major prospect and will continue to climb the rankings. Listed as #74 right now.

Bright sounds like a perfect guy to follow after Meech. Bellevue is something like 21-1 this year, he scores (15.7 ppg), shoots the 3 ball (40%), FT (83%), assists + steals/ TO ratio (3 to 1), and my scout friend said he played good "D" against Abdul Gaddy.

spudzag
02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Bright sounds like a perfect guy to follow after Meech. Bellevue is something like 21-1 this year, he scores (15.7 ppg), shoots the 3 ball (40%), FT (83%), assists + steals/ TO ratio (3 to 1), and my scout friend said he played good "D" against Abdul Gaddy.

Bright appears to have the tools. I'm guessing the question is being asked is whether or not he is a fit. I'll leave that to the coaches and players to answer (I understand they get a voice in it).

I also think Gibbs was recruited to play at least some time at the point. My point is I think it makes sense to keep balance in recruitment year in and out. It makes sense to me to add a guard when ever one leaves and so on. All things being equal it keeps balance at all the positions.