PDA

View Full Version : Game predictions for Gonzaga vs Santa Clara

Reborn
02-25-2009, 08:17 AM
I wasn't going to post this thread because BZ had a similar thread on Monday. I decided since I've had this posted for most of the year that I'd just do it again, and if the mods want to move it to BZ's thread they can.

Gonzaga 75
Sants Clara 58

There is a place in me that wants to call it a close game, but it's an old place characterized by doubt. The Zags, as a result of their last four games, have erased most of the doubt that I have built up this season. I think they are playing very good basketball right now. I think that incerting Downs back into the starting lineup has motivated Downs to begin to play at his best. As a result the Zags are now stronger and tougher. Not to discredit Steven. He is one tough cat, but I think his defense is sometimes lacking consistent effort and smarts. I think he leaves his feet way to often when defending the 3 pt shot, which really hurts the defense as a whole. I think Downs is one of our better defensive players. Gray also seems to be doing quite well coming off the bench.

I think the Seniors are really stepping up right now and playing as they should be playing heading into March. I think Josh, Pargo and Downs once again dominate the Cowboys. I really look forward to the match-up between Josh and Bryant. Pargo should have a great game and will be handful for the Cowboys. Micah's talent is too often forgotten. He can have a breakout game at any time. Could it be tomorrow night?

bigblahla
02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
When you're hot you're hot and my streak of correctly picking the winning margin will continue of that I'm 100% positive.

Zags win by 1+. ;)

Thump'em!

Go!! Zags!!!

gamagin
02-25-2009, 10:59 AM
When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then Zags will rule the planets
And heart will steer our stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Gonzaga
The Age of Gonzaga
Gonzaga ! Gonzaga !

Harmony and understanding
Harmony and trust abounding
No more lapses or bad decisions
Golden living plays with visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And our game's true liberation
Gonzaga! Gonzaga!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then Zags will rule the planets
And heart will steer our stars

bballbeachbum
02-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in!

Reborn
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Do you play guitar,gamagin? And sing? :D Let's hear it on U-tube.

It's a great song though. Thanks for the contribution. Go Zags!

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm not a betting man (anymore), but tomorrow's line is Zags -10.5. The Zags will have plenty of motivation, a perfect conference regular season and ncaa tournament seeding, and confidence after the butt kickings they put on the Waves and Lions last weekend. It seems like it could be a smart bet to give the points.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

lothar98zag
02-25-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm not a betting man (anymore), but tomorrow's line is Zags -10.5. The Zags will have plenty of motivation, a perfect conference regular season and ncaa tournament seeding, and confidence after the butt kickings they put on the Waves and Lions last weekend. It seems like it could be a smart bet to give the points.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/
GU is currently 6-6 against the spread in WCC games this year. I figure they'll probably end up 7-7. I'll leave it up to someone else to figure out which game will be which..

snebzag
02-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Contain Bryant like last time and win the game. If Josh can stay out of foul trouble and contain Big John they should cover the 10.5 spread. Any one of six can take over this game. No way to predict. OK I will. Josh to busy on D. I'm thinking SG off the bench with 19 and JP inside and out with 18.

Zags 79
SC 64

bballbeachbum
02-26-2009, 08:05 AM
No way to predict. OK I will.

Agreed, and me too.

Zags and senior leadership bring the energy big time, our defense rules on the road, and we battle it out on the boards; Josh continues his ascent, on the road, vs. a player with national visibility, Bryant.

We win.

GO ZAGS!!!

DixieZag
02-26-2009, 08:11 AM
I see a very even first half, with the horsies playing with complete effort and smarts, they always play us tough at home. Second half the Zags bump up their defensive effort and start wearing down the ponies, Zags finish going away 74-63.

KOzag08
02-26-2009, 08:26 AM
I see a very even first half, with the horsies playing with complete effort and smarts, they always play us tough at home. Second half the Zags bump up their defensive effort and start wearing down the ponies, Zags finish going away 74-63.

I completely agree. I can see SC coming out with a lot of fire and hitting about 7 threes in the first half to keep them in it. Then we step up our D. I have a feeling this is going to be a very similar game as Portland.

In the End ...

Zags 84
SC 67

CanadianZagFan
02-26-2009, 08:50 AM
As long as the Zags win and freshman Marc Trasolini plays well for SC I will be a happy fan!

dim4sum
02-26-2009, 01:33 PM
A home game for the Broncos and Bryant's appearances before the home folk are winding down, I think the Broncos win this one, 72-65--unless Few gets on the team's case about uncontested threes, early and often enough.