• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Katz's Blog on AZ Job

Former Sacramento Kings and New Mexico State coach Reggie Theus is in the mix for the Arizona gig, according to multiple sources. Theus would be a huge hit. He's not just Hollywood in his appearance. He can recruit and coach and proved it in the college level. But he's not likely first up for Arizona. The Wildcats are likely to look at Gonzaga's Mark Few and Pitt's Jamie Dixon first, although I've had no indication from either camp that they would leave for Arizona. If Arizona could get word of this sooner than later then moving on someone like Theus, who is available, could save the 2009 recruiting class. Interim coach Russ Pennell is doing a phenomenal job but has said many times he doesn't expect to be retained. Pennell deserves another chance to coach somewhere next season with the job he has done in Tucson.
    Last edited by lothar98zag; 02-24-2009, 04:42 PM.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • CaliforniaZaggin'
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2008

Few vs. Theus. I couldn't imagine two more differing personalities. I just can't picture Mark starring in Hang Time 2, and I couldn't see Reggie wearing a pair of fishing waders.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

Here we go again.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Just A Zag
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2008

You'd think that with Few and Katz relationship he would add that Few leaving Gonzaga is unlikely. Hmmmm
        D.F.T.B.A

Comment

• malmer7
          Kennel Club
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
          Few vs. Theus. I couldn't imagine two more differing personalities. I just can't picture Mark starring in Hang Time 2, and I couldn't see Reggie wearing a pair of fishing waders.
          not to mention that dixon is pretty different from both as well, so i find it hard to believe arizona would be interested in one but settle for the other if they didn't get their first choice.
          i'm a pretty big theus fan, thought he was doing a good job here in sacramento given the pieces he had to work with.
          i could honestly see few at arizona but i still think it's a long shot.
          i think no chance on dixon - he can actually get better recruits at pitt, why go down a small notch with ability to compete for a national championship? (oh yeah, $$$)

Comment

• lothar98zag
            PostPadder General
            • Feb 2007

...Gonzaga's Mark Few and Pitt's Jamie Dixon first, although I've had no indication from either camp that they would leave for Arizona...
            Based on what else has been written on this subject this season, I'll take it...
            youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• 4AmericasTeam
              Kennel Club Material
              • Dec 2008

I really could care less about Arizona (especially being an ASU and GU grad), but having watched Arizona play a few times, I don't understand why they wouldn't just keep Pennell. He's obviously doing a very good job.

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I figured that there had to be a country/western song out there some place to express my sentiments ... Fewie, don't make me sing! It will give you such a headache!
                Lay your hands
                Off my man

You don't even want him
                You just want
                What I have
                Lay your hands
                Off my man
                You don't even want him
                You just wanna
                Take my place
                A pretty girl floating in a room
                Wrapped in her innocence and her cheap perfume
                Fluttering around men like a moth around the light
                Think she won't burn herself, well I just think she might
                A little girl not a woman yet
                Spiteful little eyes that say watch out I'm a threat
                Lay your hands
                Off my man
                You don't even want him
                You just want
                What I have
                Lay your hands
                Off my man
                Don't you, don't you
                Don't you girl, don't you dare
                You can call me sweetie and other charming names
                Yet you give him the eye while I'm standing next to him
                Don't like your ways besides I got my pride
                Would you mind me girl stepping aside
                Oh! no you don't understand, you're acting amazed
                Don't take me for a fool girl, fade away
                Arizona = cheap perfume! Fewie, baby, do not heed those Pac 10 siren calls!

Comment

• ZagAddict
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

The best indicator of Few's love for Gonzaga was coach Grier's departure for USD. If Few had his eye on Arizona, with an aging Lute Olson, Grier wouldn't have fled...

The Arizona job is not as glamorous as everyone makes it seem. Lute's shadow will be hanging over that job for a long time. Theus' name has been written all over the Arizona coaching job for a while. He is everything Arizona loves in a coach... he walks and talks the part, and can recruit. Coaching is something that is an after thought

Few's goals haven't been realized at Gonzaga... it's still a work in progress. Have faith Zag fans

Comment

Working...
                  X