PDA

View Full Version : Ira Brown on Jay & Kevin show

Section 116
02-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Ira Brown was on the Jay & Kevin radio show this morning. While I missed at least some of it he was quite entertaining. Among other things Ira mentioned he pressed 365 pounds to which Kevin remarked Ira was possibly the first guest ever who could hoist him above his head. He also said although he is supposed to spend some time, 2-3 days a week in the weight room, he spends about 20 minutes total, which is why Austin and Micah refer to Ira as A-roid. Ira said the team is looking forward to this weekends challenge at Santa Clara and San Diego as they attempt to run the table in the WCC. Kevin asked how it is Andrew Sorenson can sit on the bench for 35 minutes and come in and immediately start draining threes and Ira said it is because Sorenson is the best shooter on the team. When asked if he talked much smack, he said he lets his game speak for itself. When asked who is the best smack talker on the team, without hesitation he said Meech Goodson, which Ira attributes to Meech's Texas upbringing. Asked about his future, he said he is taking two classes this semester and is on schedule to graduate in May. Regarding his future he said he would like to try to play in Europe. He also would like to make Spokane his home at some point but he would prefer to be a snowbird and maintain an additional residence somewhere like Phoenix as Spokane winters are a bit much for him.

kazzag
02-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the recap 116.
I would have enjoyed hearing that this morning.
I can see that from Meech. I love his fire, but he seems to always be in the middle of the bickering sessions with other teams. Not my favorite. But is shows he has heart.
Kyle

gamagin
02-23-2009, 12:14 PM
It doesn't surprise me that meech is the resident pit bull. He's a gamer.

He is one of the few Zags, I believe, who needs to turn his game down a couple of amps in order to control it better.

Other than that, I'll take all the hustle and chatter he feels up to. That said, I believe as he gets more minutes, he's going to have to conserve some of his seemingly limitless energy for heavy duty production.

CDC84
02-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Meech has a lot of Quentin Hall in him.

gozagswoohoo
02-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the recap.

And could you imagine benching 365...??? Sheesh.

bigblahla
02-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the recap.
And could you imagine benching 365...??? Sheesh.

Yes I can, but at a pound a day it would take a year and that's just to long so I'll pass. :D

Go!! Zags!!!

FrahmfortheWin
02-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Meech has a lot of Quentin Hall in him.

I second that

Oregon Zag
02-23-2009, 05:36 PM
"Kevin asked how it is Andrew Sorenson can sit on the bench for 35 minutes and come in and immediately start draining threes and Ira said it is because Sorenson is the best shooter on the team."

I wonder why Sorenson doesn't get more playing time, especially when other shooters are totally cold. From the little I've seen of him playing, he seems to be able to handle the ball, understands the game, is a scrapper, and can hit the 3 pointers. Can anyone enlighten me as to why he's not out there when no one seems to be hitting? Just sayin'.