PDA

View Full Version : NCAAs vs NIT

BobZag
02-23-2009, 10:54 AM
I like the NIT's format of having home games for top seeded teams, leading to Madison Square Garden and the Final Four there. If, for example, WSU goes to the NIT, or Gonzaga sometime in the future, they'll likely be hosting no less than two games in their home arena, against real good teams like, say, BYU and Ok State, those bubble teams that just miss the NCAAs, and are actually better than about a third of the teams in the NCAAs.

For a Zag fan, it wouldn't be all that bad to be able to enjoy the comfy confines of K2 a couple more times, instead of having to travel to who-knows-where.

Anyway, if/when the day ever comes that the Zags miss the NCAAs and are a top seed in the NIT, I, for one, won't be bemoaning it much.

Now, I do draw the line with paying $60,000 to be in the CBI, home of the chickens.

krozman
02-23-2009, 01:46 PM
I disagree. It creates such an advantage to be at home, not just in crowd, but travel time, comfort level, etc, that upsets would be LESS frequent than now. And lets face it, we live for the upsets.

Das Zagger
02-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I do draw the line with paying $60,000 to be in the CBI, home of the chickens.

Don't agree with that statement, they weren't there long enough to call it "home."

Valpo!

VinnyZag
02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh, Bob, you always keep us chuckling.

theirishzag03
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
The NIT could be turned into a "losers' bracket." Expand their field to match up all 1st round NCAA losing teams plus the best 32 teams not invited to the dance. Then, the Final 2 in the NIT could match up with winners of the NCAA Final Four. SWEET -They could play well into April:D

Turn the NCAA into a double-elimination!

That is the only way I could be really enthusiastic about the Zags being in the ..... "Not Important Tournament"

NotoriousZ
02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
The "Not Invited to the real Tournament" tournament? I hope I don't see that anytime soon. I've seen maybe 10 minutes of action from the NIT in my life. I'm obviously spoiled by the Zags, but I just can't seem to care about the second rate tourny. And the CBI could be flushed down a toilet and go down to the deepest sewer where it belongs with Jerry Jones and the two "guys" from Nelson.

krozman
02-23-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm obviously spoiled by the Zags, but I just can't seem to care about the second rate tourny. And the CBI could be flushed down a toilet and go down to the deepest sewer where it belongs with Jerry Jones and the two "guys" from Nelson.

If there was a "fair weather fan constitution," this would be the preamble.