• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theirishzag03
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2009

New Bracketology

Lunardi is a joke!!!

Zags win big at home twice and we stay a 6 and now moved to Philly??? A 2nd round game against Villinova in Philly...NOT GOOD! They looked great against Syracuse yesterday. Xavier loses at home to Charlotte and remain a #5...WV and Washington still #5's???
    Michigan State still a #3???

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Oh well, maybe we will have to earn our respect this year!

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
    "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Worse....UW loses and GU wins both but UW moves ahead in the rankings and seeding. It's magical.

Comment

• johnwzag
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by theirishzag03 View Post
      Lunardi is a joke!!!
      You think you could do better year in and year out? I don't think so.
      I think he does a good job.
      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• rennis
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by johnwzag View Post
        Agreed. Lunardi is just basing it on our RPI plummeting, not because he doesn't know we blew out two teams.
        Originally posted by Coach Few
        We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• thibaulm
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by johnwzag View Post
          But this is suppost to be his bread and butter. He gets paid for this

Comment

• vaboris
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Do you think it's that far fetched that the Zags get a 6 seed in the dance?

Comment

• tenniszag
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

But this is suppost to be his bread and butter. He gets paid for this
              Lunardi has been wrong on 2 teams not making the tourney in the past 8 years or something crazy like that. So he has gotten the entire field correct six out of the last eight. He obviously knows his stuff. And I don't think he pays too close of attention to the location he has teams playing outside of making sure the 1 and 2 seeds are in the correct region. He is more concerned about the teams he has in and their seeds.

Comment

• theirishzag03
                Kennel Club
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by vaboris View Post
                Do you think it's that far fetched that the Zags get a 6 seed in the dance?
                I am not going to say we deserve a #1 seed, but for crying out loud I have also seen the teams getting 3-4-5 seeds each week and I am not impressed. BCS schools are easily forgiven for a bad game or two, the Zags got smoked by one of the hottest team in the country in Memphis. Teams ahead of us got blasted by unranked teams and they do not get punished at all.

I am just saying, we were ranked as high as 4th, won a tough preseason tourney, and losses at Utah and Arizona are not turning out to be bad.
                Look at the UConn game just as much as Memphis to gauge our team!

I think Sagarin has it little more accurate.

Also not saying I would do a better job year in and year out as Joe does, but part of him being in the public eye and doing this as HIS job is being subjected to public scrutiny.
                Last edited by theirishzag03; 02-23-2009, 09:14 AM. Reason: link

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
                "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige

Comment

• thibaulm
                  Bulldog Fan
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by theirishzag03 View Post
                  I am not going to say we deserve a #1 seed, but for crying out loud I have also seen the teams getting 3-4-5 seeds each week and I am not impressed. BCS schools are easily forgiven for a bad game or two, the Zags got smoked by one of the hottest team in the country in Memphis. Teams ahead of us got blasted by unranked teams and they do not get punished at all.

I am just saying, we were ranked as high as 4th, won a tough preseason tourney, and losses at Utah and Arizona are not turning out to be bad.
                  Look at the UConn game just as much as Memphis to gauge our team!

I think Sagarin has it little more accurate.

Also not saying I would do a better job year in and year out as Joe does, but part of him being in the public eye and doing this as HIS job is being subjected to public scrutiny.
                  I do agree with this but when push comes to shove, i think that the Memphis loss will affect us negatively more than putting UConn into OT will affect us positively.

Comment

• strawzag
                    Redshirt
                    • Mar 2007

First round win over Minnesota sounds familiar, if it can bring the same results the second time i will take it! Sounds like a nice 10 year reunion trip to the elite 8.

Comment

• siliconzag
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

Tennis is right

Originally posted by tenniszag View Post
                      Lunardi has been wrong on 2 teams not making the tourney in the past 8 years or something crazy like that. So he has gotten the entire field correct six out of the last eight. He obviously knows his stuff. And I don't think he pays too close of attention to the location he has teams playing outside of making sure the 1 and 2 seeds are in the correct region. He is more concerned about the teams he has in and their seeds.
                      Lunardi is uncanny. Nobody can expect him to get the locations and seedings exactly right, but he is very good in predicting. I believe that the Zags will end up in the West but who knows? Sometimes the committee does make ups for previous injustice. Example, after sending us to Albequerque against Wyoming, they sent us to SLC. Maybe after sending us to Carolina to play Davidson, they will have us in Portland or Boise.

The tournaments can change things dramatically in terms of seeding. In fact UNC is already in danger of losing a 1 Seed. Kansas is coming on, and who knows what gives at Oklahoma and Mr. Griffin. If Mr. Griffin is out for a concussion (sometimes Neurologists bench kids for 3 months or more after a head injury, depending on the clinical symptomatology, which is not good at present), then OU is suddenly vulnerable. (I see no way the Zags could defeat that team incidentally).

My guess is that there will be a surprise 1 Seed. I think it might be Memphis. But wait until the Big 12 Tournament, if KU wins it, they might sneak in there too. Same for Mizzou. If they win the tournament and run the table, they might be a 1 Seed. It is getting very interesting. Wish I had been in Vegas on Saturday morning. I think I would have won a lot of money.

Sili

Comment

• theothegreat21
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Feb 2007

This is not Lunardi's projection....if you read on the right, this is the brakcet that was come up with by a group of people from ESPN and the NCAA.
                        ONIONS!!!!!!

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/

Comment

• CDC84
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Interesting note about Villanova

Villanova usually splits its home games between their on campus gym and the Wachovia Center. The Wildcats this season, however, are only playing 3 games at the Center so that they can be eligible to play at that venue for the NCAA tournament. Their other "big" off campus games were played at the Wachovia Spectrum, which is scheduled to be torn down soon.

Comment

• Jakester425
                            Kennel Club Alum
                            • Sep 2008

I dont see Xavier & West Virginia as 5 seeds...but what do I know. Lets just win our conference tournament and I think we will have one of those 5 seeds in Portland with our name on it.

Comment

• Reborn
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by siliconzag View Post
                              Lunardi is uncanny. I believe that the Zags will end up in the West but who knows? Sili
                              I agree. We are either the First, second or third best team out West. In the end I feel that the Zags will be rewarded if we win out. I think we'll play in either Portland or Boise, and hopefully play a Pac 10 team. I think it's a perfect matchup for the #4 vs #5 seeds in the West Regional. As far as Joe Lunardi goes, his claim to fame is being able to predict who gets into the tournament. Not as famous for predicting either their seeds or where they play. This isn't the Bible for the Brackets. It's just something fun to review and talk about each week. It can also be used to motivate teams, and certainly I hope it motivates the Zags to get ready for this week-end. Two huge games await them.
                              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X