PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Mark Few and the Zags

BobZag
02-22-2009, 09:10 AM
An outright WCC championship. I'm losing count of how many consecutive championships Gonzaga has now.

Now for an unbeaten 14-0 WCC record.

bballbeachbum
02-22-2009, 09:52 AM
"It's not like anyone else in the Northwest or the West is winning multiple conference championships," Few said.

Word. Just ate that meal right up. Well done ZAGS!

Next feeding time...Thursday.

This train is moving...all aboard!

gmo
02-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I have to say that when I read Few's quote I thought... what about UCLA? 3 Pac-10 championships (total domination of the conference) in a row with three Final 4's is pretty impressive to me.

Granted it isn't 7-8 or whatever our beloved Zags are at, but that is nearly impossible in the Pac-10 minus the Wooden years.

Go Zags - let's sweep the WCC and dance like we've never danced before!!!

bballbeachbum
02-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I have to say that when I read Few's quote I thought... what about UCLA? 3 Pac-10 championships (total domination of the conference) in a row with three Final 4's is pretty impressive to me.

Granted it isn't 7-8 or whatever our beloved Zags are at, but that is nearly impossible in the Pac-10 minus the Wooden years.

Go Zags - let's sweep the WCC and dance like we've never danced before!!!

sure can't argue with any of that, gmo.

GO ZAGS!!!

GU69
02-22-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm losing count of how many consecutive championships Gonzaga has now.

It is nine.

They ran a graphic on it on the TV coverage of the game last night. I don't remember all of it, and haven't been able to find it, but nine in a row ties Kentucky for the fourth-longest streak ever.

1st is UCLA with 13 from 1967-79.
4th is Kentucky with 9 from 1944-52.
and Gonzaga with 9 from 2001-2009.

Reborn
02-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Great job everyone. :)
Win two more and go undefeated and my smile will double it's size. :D

Few and his staff gelling quite well now, but the games get tougher now. I saw some new plays that have been added, and they are great. The team chemistry appears to be way up right now.

Mark FeW! You da MAN. :)