EngineerZag
02-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Anything serious or is he OK?

BobZag
02-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Tweaked his ankle. He's okay. :)

fedwayzag
02-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I watched the last 6 minutes of the game last night on the internet. Austin was in for a while. Seemed to be moving fine and made a great pass. I did not see him get hurt, so I assume the ankle tweak was earlier in the game?

gamagin
02-22-2009, 01:50 PM
It looked like he rolled it @ the game

Very painful for a few minutes, but he was hopping on it with seemingly no problem toward the end of the contest after he returned from the locker room and, I presume, ice & a wrap.

This included drives to the net and stealing an inbounds pass and a fair amount of jumping around. No apparent residual damage, thank goodness.

Go Zags !

ZagNative
02-22-2009, 01:52 PM
From Jim Meehan's blog today (http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2009/feb/22/day-after-pepperdine/):

—Forwards Austin Daye and Ira Brown were sporting ice bags on tender ankles after Saturday’s win.

Daye went down near the baseline after an inbounds pass. There was no contact on the play. Daye said he might have slipped on the floor, possibly on a wet spot.

“I think it had something to do with my shoe,” Daye said. “It has a little extra on the side for support but it kind of gives a lot. It was like I moved to the left, hit the spot and it rolled really quick.”

He had his ankle re-taped and re-entered the game about five minutes later.

“I was cringing at some points,” he said. “Hopefully I’ll be able do some running and stuff tomorrow.”

Brown also returned after apparently getting kicked late in the first half. He told Few afterward that his lower leg was hurting as he went to see the training staff.

“He wasn’t running around like he normally does,” Few said.

gamagin
02-22-2009, 01:59 PM
It looked like he was undercut. alot of these pepp players were shorter and they were undercutting our boarders quite a bit.

Ira went up, was undercut and landed from a fairly high elevation right on his back, partially atop another Zag (I think it was,) and the floor. His feet were in the air when his body hit.

The game was pretty sloppy underneath with alot of pushing and the kind of stuff that happens against a smaller lineup, imo. Dangerous, too.