PDA

View Full Version : Your 3 favorite plays tonight

Reborn
02-21-2009, 11:20 PM
1. Pargo's 180 degree dunk
2. Josh feeding Pargo for a layup from the low post. I think Josh is getting so much better at passing. And, actually all the beautiful passes tonight. Austin had two or three. I just love to see the ball passed in an artistic way. It was a thing of beauty tonight.
3. Chris Pontarolo-Maag's free throw. Great to see the team celebrate his first point this year. Man, the team went into hysterics. First they were all holding arms during the shot, as if the game depended on that free throw. And then did you see them celebrate when he hit it? So don't talk to me about "no team chemistry on this team." This team does enjoy the good things each other can do, and I'll go so far as to say that I think they enjoy playing the game with one another. I think the memory of the team celebrating that free throw will last forever in my mind.

mendiant
02-22-2009, 12:32 AM
You know Reborn,

I like all of those...

But I believe I saw at least 3 really AWESOME assists from Austin...the former BH?

Really slick, really team, really ZAG!

love,
mendiant

PS Still has a way to go when getting called for fouls.

ZagMan in Philly
02-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Yes, Austin had some nice assists last night, they were sweet. I love that part of his game.

ZaggyStardust
02-22-2009, 07:43 AM
I was blown away by Meech's no look passes last night. If I'm not mistaken, I saw at least three! I think he is going to be an assist machine!

Reborn
02-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Great responses to the thread. Good to see you ZSD. It's been awhile. I think when we, the fans, can begin to appreciate passing as an art, the game may return to the unselfish team game that I think it was always meant to be. The thing that I like about this team, as that they have that potential, and when they play as a team they play great. Like every team in America, they too can play selfishly, and they don't look good when they play that way. I hope the setbacks they've had this year has taugt them that. There was so many unselfish plays last night, with brilliant passing. One other play that sticks out in my mind was when Josh and Micah were heading toward our basket on a fast break, and they had a 2 on 1 situation. Micah through a pass over to Josh which he surely could have scored on, and probably dunked. But the defender moved toward Josh to attempt to defend him, and Josh gives it back to Micah for an easy two.

Keep it up guys.

S.U. Chieftain
02-22-2009, 08:59 AM
1. Pargo's 180 degree dunk
3. Chris Pontarolo-Maag's free throw. Great to see the team celebrate his first point this year. Man, the team went into hysterics. First they were all holding arms during the shot, as if the game depended on that free throw. And then did you see them celebrate when he hit it? So don't talk to me about "no team chemistry on this team." This team does enjoy the good things each other can do, and I'll go so far as to say that I think they enjoy playing the game with one another. I think the memory of the team celebrating that free throw will last forever in my mind.

Agree that the P-Maag free throw was fun to watch with the team linking arms beforehand and then Pargo and Bouldin doing a chest bump afterward. Let's hope that same scene is repeated in an NCAA tournament game next month as we win a game with free throws.

As for the Pargo dunk, I betcha technically it was goaltending and shouldn't have counted. He was hanging on the rim as the ball bounced off the back of the iron went up a foot in the air and then came through the hoop while he was still hanging. The refs probably hadn't seen this before and didn't think fast enough to call it.

BobZag
02-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Downs to Heytvelt to Downs for the layup. Total teamwork.

tyra
02-22-2009, 09:27 AM
1) I thought I saw Meech penetrate through three guys and lay it up with his left hand last night. Wow! 2) Micah to JH to Micah. 3) A collective nod to every time the Zags dove on the floor for a loose ball last night -- despite their huge lead -- which they did repeatedly.

pdine
02-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Mychel Thompson's block on Heytvelt's break-away.

Yes, it's biased, but throw me a bone here, haha.

ZagNative
02-22-2009, 11:23 AM
A collective nod to every time the Zags dove on the floor for a loose ball last night -- despite their huge lead -- which they did repeatedly.I like this pic of Andrew and Meech battling for a loose ball in the second half ...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Sorenson/2009-02-21AndrewSorensonDemetriGood.jpg

Going to miss seeing Andrew's big smile on the court for the Zags ...

fedwayzag
02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Since I did not get to watch the game (thanks espnu). Did Pepperdine bank in any 3's last night or was the streak stopped??

Reborn
02-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes they did. I remember one for sure from the top of the key. It came right after the announcers were talking about their slow start against the Zags last time (17-0) and that they had already scored two, but needed to get going. And bang. The 3 pt shot off glass from above the top of the key.

Zag79
02-23-2009, 06:59 PM
pargos dunk.
josh to pargo.
micah stealing the ball and laying it in after a rebound.

Ziggy
02-24-2009, 07:06 AM
1) Pargo's 1st assist of the night, moving him past Stockton on the all-time assists list at GU.

2)Sorenson's first career lay-up on a back door feed.

3)Pargo's 180 in-and-out dunk.

I'm still basking in the granduer of my first MAC game, with thanks to Bobzag!

Zag79
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
1) Pargo's 1st assist of the night, moving him past Stockton on the all-time assists list at GU.

how many haters knew that? :lmao: sorry i couldnt resist. congrats Pgo!

Reborn
02-24-2009, 09:47 PM
how many haters knew that? :lmao: sorry i couldnt resist. congrats Pgo!

I knew that. And yes, congrats go out to Mr. Pargo. And some have had the tenacity to say that he is NOT going to be remembered as one of the great Gonzaga players. If there was ever a thread that caused me deep distress since I've been here it was that one. But in my heart I know that nothing nor anyone will deter him from being the great player and great man that he is. I wish only the best for Jeremy for the rest of this year, and I am looking forward to him leading us in The Big Dance. There is no one that I'd rather go dancing with In March than Mr. Pargo.

MattiesFan
02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I have two tickets available to the WCC Tourney in Vegas. They are the
$135 pkg. They are in Section 102, Row C, Seats 8 & 9. If you go online
& look up the Orleans Arena, you can get an idea where they are at.

If you are interested, leave me a message on this board of how to get
ahold of you & I will. These look like great seats, so don't hesitate!!!!

Thanks,
MattiesFan This is my first time on here, so I hope I am doing this right!
As you can see, Matt is my fave Zag!!!!!