PDA

View Full Version : Game predictions for Gonzaga vs Pepperdine

Reborn
02-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Well! Last home conference game for '08-'09 season. It willl be one more step in an undefeated conference season. Again, this year's team would only be the 3rd Gonzaga team to do that. Zags will show up ready to play.

Gonzaga 84-Pepperdine 62.

DADoZAG
02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Step one: LMU, Thursday, 02/19. There was passing to the post, and back out from the post (one missing ingredient in past games) with another pass to the post and an easy basket. There was the touch passes, there was the diving on the floor, and there was AD not letting them push him around. There was pretty solid play at the point, with decisions being made at the free throw line rather than inside the trees. There was three after three after three from one struggling guard, and slashing, driving, athletic play from one "been a bit to timid lately" forward. Yes a few missteps (still a bit too “stoic”, a guard that funked out over WCC POY, and a tree still not ready to bloom but his peeps are working hard to help him), but all in all, a nicely played game that meant another WCC title (which was perhaps greater pressure than the apposing team). It was great to see FOCUS & COHESION with the “we don’t need any name but ZAGS”.

Step two: Pepperdine, Saturday, 02/21. The same game possitives as noted above but with more aggressive board play, crisper passes, more chest pumping, last night’s “missing” guard shaking it off, and a bit more FOCUS & COHESION from the “we don’t need any name but ZAGS”.

To be continued….

gamagin
02-20-2009, 09:36 AM
but what I want to see is each player on the floor playing every minute.

Like Micah did vs LMU and like AD has many, many times this year, and JP and MB and SG & Ira and Meech, too. TOGETHER, not separately like is too often the case. All cylinders firing.

With so little left of the season, and the level of potential on this team, nothing less than playing and acting like we are down 10, focused and determined to win at all times just might make it happen from the WCC tourney well into the dance.

It doesn't take coaching. It takes will. And I don't man Foster, although he can play a role, too.

Go Zags !

gum797
02-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I want Pepperdine to be really physical to Austin just like LMU was. Maybe this will piss him off again and spark some toughness that will carry over. I expect Micah to play well again. I really feel he is much better when he starts and that Gray plays better off of the bench compared to Micah. GU will have their foot on the gas all game and this weekend will hopefully get them going for the tourney

bigblahla
02-20-2009, 09:46 AM
As I am on a hot streak from my accurate LMU prediction I will say the Zags win this game by 1+. I'm betting the team and I can keep our streaks alive. :)

Go !! Zags!!!

EngineerZag
02-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Please, fewer than 17 offensive rebounds for the other team this time.

It drives me nuts how many offensive rebounds we give up. Doesn't matter who we play, they get double digit offensive rebounds. This is a big Achilles heel IMO because of the number of extra possessions it gives the other team. Everybody box out and dominate the glass!

bballbeachbum
02-20-2009, 11:34 AM
All of you lucky enough to be there are going to have a great time!

GO ZAGS!!!

bullzag23
02-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I predict that Pepperdine will help us improve our overall 3pt FG% D, as they currently are shooting 30.5% on the season from beyond the arc. Pepperdine also averages 61.7 points per game while allowing 72.7(GU averages 78.0 and gives up 62.6), so I'll say with homecourt advantage GU wins by 25. Does anyone know what the current spread is?

snebzag
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Current spread is 29 points. Zags by 14 in Malibu.
Two players to stop. Keion Bell 6'3" frosh and Mychel Thompson 6'7" Sophomore. No problema.
Zags 89
Waves 61
Dont quite cover in this one. Buy a Lotto ticket instead.

Oregon Zag
02-20-2009, 06:42 PM
This will be our first game at K2 this year. We won tickets on eBay after bidding on many. I am so pumped to be going. 5 hour drive will be like floating on air!

El Voce
02-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Oregon Zag -- Very happy to hear that you've finally scored tix! Have a fun trip up!