PDA

View Full Version : Brett Kingma is Back

mrob7
02-19-2009, 08:52 PM
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sports/highschool/basketball/boys/index.html?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&ID=7680

Just got back from the game tonight. As you can see Brett dropped 23 points in the Loser out game in the playoffs. He came off the bench about halfway through the first quarter to a rousing cheer from the fans, and lit it up on the court. Not sure what his shooting record was from the game but from what I could tell he was shooting with a very good percentage, much better than past games this year. You could tell he was fired up for this game and it showed out there on the court. Next game is Tuesday vs. Mariner, a team which we lost to twice earlier this season, one with brett and one without.

Highlights to come soon!

MDABE80
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
How was his range of motion? Seem like he was back to normal?

zagfan08
02-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Brett was actually cleared a while ago, but WIAA rules prevented him from playing with a hard cast. I hear it was heavily taped tonight. Good to see him come back though.

mrob7
02-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Brett was actually cleared a while ago, but WIAA rules prevented him from playing with a hard cast. I hear it was heavily taped tonight. Good to see him come back though.

Yep, he had a sock, then tape, then a band over it

mrob7
02-19-2009, 10:34 PM

Yep, completely normal

BobZag
02-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Wow. What a fast healer. I like those. Congrats to Brett. Welcome back.

mrob7
02-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Wow. What a fast healer. I like those. Congrats to Brett. Welcome back.

Yep, when he first broke it most thought that he was done for the whole season, no matter how far we went in playoffs. Looks like they were wrong :D

dim4sum
02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
The break, thanks be , wasn't in his shooting hand.

BobZag
02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
A tough kid. Right up my alley. Thanks again, mrob. Great news.

mrob7
02-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Here's a quick compilation of highlights from last night I whipped together:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgi4y2m5lzu/Brett Kingma Return HD.mov
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmzdnnnclzf/Brett Kingma Return Small.mov

BobZag
02-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Sweet, mrob. C'mon, Brett, come to Gonzaga and be a star on a national scale. Love this guy's game!

Baldwinzag
02-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Kingma to Kong for slam!

Kingma-Kong.

Gotta love it. :D

TerpZag
02-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Kingma's return boosts Jackson
Published: Saturday, February 21, 2009

By Mike Cane
Everett Herald

Brett Kingma is back.

Kingma, a high-scoring, heavily recruited sophomore guard on the Jackson High School boys basketball team, was supposed to be out for the season after breaking a bone in his left (non-dominant) arm Jan. 6 in a game against Lynnwood. But apparently, in addition to being a talented athlete, Kingma is a quick healer.

After missing 15 games, Kingma scored 23 points for Jackson Thursday in the Timberwolves' 87-74 loser-out victory versus Arlington in the Class 4A District 1 tournament. Kingma's surprising return is great news for Jackson (14-9) and a crummy development for other teams in the tourney.

According to Jackson basketball coach Steve Johnson, Kingma started participating in practice drills about a week ago and was medically cleared to play in a game only after his cast was removed. Against Arlington, "He looked great, a testament to the fact that he's done some things to stay in the best shape he could while out," Johnson wrote Friday in an e-mail.

"It's a huge boost (and) makes everyone else better as he draws so much attention," added Johnson, noting that four Jackson players scored at least 13 points Thursday: Kingma (23 points), Ryan Todd (28), Bryan Koch (15) and Trevor Bray (13). Kingma, who averages 20.5 points, shot 7-for-11 on field goals (3 of 4 on 3-pointers) and was 6-for-6 on free throws. He also had three assists...

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20090221/SPORTS01/702219833/1007#Kingmas.return.boosts.Jackson

Jackson will play Lake Stevens in a district loser-out game next Tuesday. If Jackson wins that game, they will play the winner of the Stanwood vs. Marysville-Pilchuck game next Saturday the 28th in a winner to state game.

It is a up hill climb for Jackson to make it to the State Tournament with no room for error at this point but both games will be played at Jackson High School which could be an advantage for them.

BobZag
02-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Brett was basically a one-armed bandit in that game and he stll looked fantastic. Zags must get this guy.

kitzbuel
02-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Bouldin is gonna have to talk to him about his hair before he joins the Zags!

Sneaky Long
02-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Love this kids game, and great vidi!

mrob7
02-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Brett was basically a one-armed bandit in that game and he stll looked fantastic. Zags must get this guy.

Agreed, this kid is no joke..

mrob7
02-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Bouldin is gonna have to talk to him about his hair before he joins the Zags!

haha whats wrong with brett's hair?

BobZag
02-21-2009, 10:41 AM
haha whats wrong with brett's hair?

Gonzaga sorta has a tradition of one of its players, mostly guards, with floppy hair. See Dickau, Stepp, Turiaf, Morrison, and now Bouldin.

:)

mrob7
02-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Gonzaga sorta has a tradition of one of its players, mostly guards, with floppy hair. See Dickau, Stepp, Turiaf, Morrison, and now Bouldin.

haha I thought it had some reference to that LOL.. Brett has alway worn his hair short so I doubt he'd switch it up :p

thespywhozaggedme
02-21-2009, 11:00 AM

Yeah...hopefully that tradition goes the way of acid washed jeans and John Stockton short shorts. Not a good look, imho.

P.S I don't think Blake every had floppy hair per say, nor Ronny.

mrob7
02-21-2009, 10:40 PM

on second thought when reviewing the footage it seemed like he was favoring his left side as to keep his arm away from contact.

mrob7
02-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Here is the full game highlights:

http://vimeo.com/3321416