PDA

View Full Version : Predictions and Wishes

siliconzag
02-19-2009, 11:38 AM
OK, I recognize that somebody will insist that this post go elsewhere, but since this is something upon which many Zag fans might wish to comment, and it will get better viewing here, I would propose that it be left here. Besides this is a definite game of interest.

Here is the question:

Tonight The Chickens play the Bruins at Pauley. Who do you think will win
(prediction)? And second who do you want to win? And third why.

I'll go first, if you don't mind.

Predicted winner UCLA by 6

Sili's preferred winner: UW Chickens

Why: There is nobody that I currently hate more than UCLA. I still wake up at with night terrors and palpitations with visions of JP Batista being stripped and mauled and that final basket and seeing that ridiculous male cheerleader for the Bruins go nuts and hearing the thunderous first cheer from all the Bruin faithful gathered. It is a day in infamy if ever there was one. Just retelling it makes me want to wretch and vomit dry heaves and bilious emesis from my toes. Go Chickens. Hope you are cluckin when it's all over.

Sili

TacomaZAG
02-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I think UCLA will win, but I want the Fuskies for the following, SINGLE reason. If the Fuskies win, it hurts UCLA and their seeding in the Tourney. By hurting the UCLA seeding, it gives the ZAGS a better shot at Portland and, just maybe, a date with the Fuskies in the second round in Portland (assuming everything goes to plan in the frist round).

I know it is a long shot, but there you go.........

Also, that is the only scenario where I might be able to get back the $20 I lost to a Fusky fan when AMMO's 3 from the corner rattled out at Hec Ed so many years ago.

I wany my revenge.............

Go ZAGS

Reborn
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=TacomaZAG;373024]I think UCLA will win, but I want the Fuskies for the following, SINGLE reason. If the Fuskies win, it hurts UCLA and their seeding in the Tourney. By hurting the UCLA seeding, it gives the ZAGS a better shot at Portland and, just maybe, a date with the Fuskies in the second round in Portland (assuming everything goes to plan in the frist round).

A good point.
Bruins by 7 at home. Huskies are not as good on the road. Bruins are very good at home. I'll be pulling for the Huskies of course. For the above reason, but also because I always pull for Washington state teams over all other Pac 10 teams, and especially over ALL California teams.

ZagnetitForce
02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't know, but I think UW is exactly the kind of team we do NOT want the Zags playing in an early round game. One of best true big men in the country and 2 or 3 guys who have the ability to light it up from behind the 3 point line. Believe me, nothing would be sweeter than to take them out, I'm just not that sure this is the right year for it. Man it hurts to type that!

TacomaZAG
02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
a wrong year to play the Fuskies.

Modified ZAG mantra:

Fuskies, anytime, anywhere.

Sorry, Sili, I didn't mean to hijack your thread and turn it into a Fusky bashing

Go ZAGS

vaboris
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Let's worry about round 1.

siliconzag
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
I spit on their grandmother's grave.

Sili

Reborn
02-19-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't know, but I think UW is exactly the kind of team we do NOT want the Zags playing in an early round game. One of best true big men in the country and 2 or 3 guys who have the ability to light it up from behind the 3 point line. Believe me, nothing would be sweeter than to take them out, I'm just not that sure this is the right year for it. Man it hurts to type that!

Zags never fear Huskies. If you don't know that then you must learn that soon, ZagnetitForce. Zags always savor the chance to play the Huskies. It makes our mouths salivate. Zags eat Husky meat for their Thanksgiving dinner.

siliconzag
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Zags never fear Huskies. If you don't know that then you must learn that soon, ZagnetitForce. Zags always savor the chance to play the Huskies. It makes our mouths salivate. Zags eat Husky meat for their Thanksgiving dinner.

Kids these days. Whats a fella to do. ZagnetitForce!: Snap out of it!

Sili

ZagnetitForce
02-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Kids these days. Whats a fella to do. ZagnetitForce!: Snap out of it!

Sili

Hmmm, well OK I will. But (A) I think you both need to re-read my post and (B) I only wish I was a kid!

siliconzag
02-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Compared to me you are a kid, and I did re read your post. We were yankin your chain. I knew what you meant. Still it is hard to avoid the dog pile whenever even a hint of Husky Fear is spoken. It's okay to think it, but you must never post it. Next thing you know Dawg Father will be blabbering all over that the Zags are chicken. Now my question for you, is who is chicken?
Have a good weekend, Sili

ZagnetitForce
02-20-2009, 10:22 AM
No harm no foul here (I probably sounded defensive and didn't intend)! Believe me , I am with the majority who has no good feelings for that other team, as a matter of fact my wife won't even go to the GU games with me anymore because I got a little ummm, too "passionate" in my dislike for them during the last home game!

I probably should have just stated something along the lines of the kind of team I fear in the early rounds are those who have a true proven big man and one or two guys who have the potential to light it up outside the 3-point line.