PDA

View Full Version : Ot.... Kobe

MEZAG
02-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Watching the Lakers v GS tonight. I noticed the way Kobe scowls and pouts every time he gets a foul called against him. I am just not sure he is ready to go to the next level, too immature.

MDABE80
02-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Whatta funny photo!!!...........Gawd that's funny!!!!

sittingon50
02-18-2009, 10:03 PM
he's still pretty young for his age, mezag!

(eat your heart out, Yogi).:p

MEZAG
02-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm just sayin, you would think Jackson and his staff could make him mature quicker and not react so immauturely to offiiciating and become more stoic. It might behoove him to act more mature at the next level.

Zag79
02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
a scowl after every big shot too! but he turned it over twice after scoring 25 so its his fault. :lmao:

GamblingZag
02-19-2009, 06:43 AM
but who actually likes Kobe?

cjm720
02-19-2009, 06:53 AM
The tounge and cheek thread is amusing and I see the point, but can you compare the best basketball player in the world to a sophomore in college? Few has acknowledged it as an issue and I think most fans do to.

GO ZAGS!!!

Hextall7388
02-19-2009, 07:21 AM
The tounge and cheek thread is amusing and I see the point, but can you compare the best basketball player in the world to a sophomore in college? Few has acknowledged it as an issue and I think most fans do to.

GO ZAGS!!!

I agree.

If AD put up Kobe type numbers, I'm certain there would be very few people pointing out his shortcomings in the maturity department. We all tend to overlook certain flaws a person may have when the "upside" outweighs the "downside". I never met the guy, but from what I have read over the years on this site, Ammo was not the most popular guy in the dressing room, and was known to be a selfish. We all tend to overlook that aspect of his personality and focus on his competitive drive and desire to win. Drawing a comparison to football, Terrel Owens, Plaxico Burress, Chad Johnson, Pac-Man Jones, Ricky Williams are all nightmares when it comes to their attitude and antics on and off the field. The fact is, teammates, coaches, owners and fans have consistently overlooked their flaws because of what these players can do to help their team win games.

I guess the point is, AD can mature and stop the pouting and/or he can start to put up 25pts and 10+ rebounds per game. If he puts up the numbers, I'm fairly certain most people will be focusing on what a great player he is, and will forget/overlook the pouting and complaining to the officials. Personally, I'd like to see the "or" removed from the "and/or" portion of my earlier sentence. AD has the potential to mature and put up the numbers, and I hope the coaching staff and his parents can lead him in the right direction.

hockeyzag
02-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Almost every single player in the NBA acts this way when a foul is called on them, its just the way the sport is. Another reason why I don't care much for the NBA.

Even though I think basketball players whine more than other sports players do, I think we see it a little more because of the camera view of the players. Hockey, Baseball, Football, the cameras aren't as close to the action.

Penalties or outs in those sports are much more obvious and the so the player is less likely to openly disagree with the call.

But there are some players who take it too far and Mr. Daye is definately one of those players. In time I'm sure he'll learn to tone it down, you can tell as the season goes on that he is at least trying.

GolfZag
02-19-2009, 07:52 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gtrutzel/GayKobe2.jpg

lothar98zag
02-19-2009, 08:46 AM

GO ZAGS!!!
When did we start talking about LeBron James? :p

cjm720
02-19-2009, 09:01 AM
How awesome would it be if Kobe and Lebron played 1-1...Lebron's got the muscle, but Kobe has better range.

In a 7 game series, who wins?

I'd say Lebron, but Kobe's still a better all-around player IMO.

Larrylegend
02-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Who cares? I lost interest in the NBA years ago.

MDABE80
02-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Where's the original photo that began this thread? If GoldZag post the one above, we should be seeing the other no PC one. It was hilarious!!!

Parenthetically if I had to chose between the two, it would be KOBE.< returning back to the original thread.

EngineerZag
02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
This is just a silly thread. There sure are some homers on this board.

Everyone else in the nation identifies Austin's attitude as a problem for his game and for the team, listen to any of the sportscasters on ESPN and the universal feeling is that he's got tremendous talent but has some big-time maturity issues. But no, we don't dare give credence to such thoughts because, after all, Austin Daye is a Zag and that makes him infallible.

Get your heads out of your butts and see the world a little bigger.

zag944
02-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Luckily for Kobe, he is talented enough that maturity hasn't been required. You can throw a fit and threaten to leave! Your team will get rid of a 9-time champion coach and one of the most dominant players ever to appease you. You'll even have ESPN crews talking about how amazing you are for having a great game after a rigourous day at your rape trial.

Id compare Daye to a whiner that doesn't seem like an a-hole otherwise. Tim Duncan perhaps :)

Zag79
02-19-2009, 11:50 PM
kobe would win. his d is better, and he can score from everyhwere.