PDA

View Full Version : Observing some G-Prep BB players

Zag 77
02-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I had a chance to watch Gonzaga Prep play Tuesday night in the first round of the 4A District playoffs against Ferris. Prep won by 15 over a young Ferris team that should be very good next year. G-Prep is currently ranked #6 in the AP and Seattle Times polls.

I have no idea if GU is looking at anybody from this team, but I will mention a few players:

Travis Long (sr): Going to Wazzu to play as a defensive lineman. A great, smart athlete who could have been a great college basketball recruit somewhere. reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Cory Violette as a freshman.

Ryan Nicholas: Looks to be about 6-5; a jr. Solid, strong inside and has good rebounding and outside shooting skills as well. Prep's leading scorer, averaging about 15 a game.

David Stockton: (sr). Has a lot of the Stockton instincts, a great ballhandler and outside shooter and a good penetrator. Shorter than his dad, and lighter than he was at the same age. He looks like he would have a great career at a small college.

Overall, a team with great rebounding, defense and shooting. Soild, steady coach in Mike Haugen.

cggonzaga
02-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Don't be surprised if David ends up at GU next year and walks on. Ryan Nicholas is closer to 6'7" and could probably write his ticket anywhere if he were 6'9" or taller. Great skill set, average athlete, great bball iq and good bball body. This team could definitely make noise at state. Sean Fisher is also a great shooter.

theirishzag03
02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I had a chance to watch Gonzaga Prep play Tuesday night in the first round of the 4A District playoffs against Ferris. Prep won by 15 over a young Ferris team that should be very good next year. G-Prep is currently ranked #6 in the AP and Seattle Times polls.

I have no idea if GU is looking at anybody from this team, but I will mention a few players:

Travis Long (sr): Going to Wazzu to play as a defensive lineman. A great, smart athlete who could have been a great college basketball recruit somewhere. reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Cory Violette as a freshman.

Ryan Nicholas: Looks to be about 6-5; a jr. Solid, strong inside and has good rebounding and outside shooting skills as well. Prep's leading scorer, averaging about 15 a game.

David Stockton: (sr). Has a lot of the Stockton instincts, a great ballhandler and outside shooter and a good penetrator. Shorter than his dad, and lighter than he was at the same age. He looks like he would have a great career at a small college.

Overall, a team with great rebounding, defense and shooting. Soild, steady coach in Mike Haugen.

Travis is a stud on the football field, tough kid too (was recently in a head on collision) and he is little bummed he lost the car:( Still hoping for him to be a client in the future:) Malik (line coach at WSU) is very very high on him!

Mike Haugen was a great guard in his days at North Central

Zag 77
02-18-2009, 09:18 PM
I heard he took some Greek for a scripture class. This is no dumb jock. He ought to single-handedly raise the Wazzu team GPA.

MDABE80
02-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Irish.....a client as a what?

IrishZag said...
"Travis is a stud on the football field, tough kid too (was recently in a head on collision) and he is little bummed he lost the car Still hoping for him to be a client in the future Malik (line coach at WSU) is very very high on him!"