PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Blogs

GU32
02-18-2009, 12:35 PM
http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/specialsection/gamedaybasketball/blogs/?week=5

"One of the best stops on the college basketball trail is Spokane, Washington. Spokane, the home of the Gonzaga Bulldogs, is filled with great people, and no college basketball community is more wrapped up in their team than Spokane is in the Zags." Jay Bilas

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Cheers to that. Nice find.

Reborn
02-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Bilas, I believe, has always liked Gonzaga. Great find. Thanks.

Zerogame
02-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Not sure if this was posted before, but what a compliment from Game Day blog.

Feb 10
Posted by Hubert Davis
This is the first time that I have been to Spokane in two years. During my first year with ESPN, I did the Big Monday game at midnight on the west coast every week. I announced somewhere around 7-8 Gonzaga games that year. It's a long trip out there from Chapel Hill, but I got to know the program through my various trips. It was a great year for that assignment. Adam Morrison was a senior, and he and J.J. Redick were trading the lead for scoring that season. Gonzaga's coach Mark Few is one of the best coaches I have been around. Very few coaches that I have spent time with are blessed with the ability to both coach a basketball team and fill the role of father and friend to their players. Coach Few is one who can do both of these things well. From that first season that I spent calling their games, I have never picked against them, until this weekend. I would love for my kids to go to college close to home, but I can honestly say that if my kids were to cross the country for school, I'd choose Gonzaga.

JAGzag
02-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Not sure if this was posted before, but what a compliment from Game Day blog.

Feb 10
Posted by Hubert Davis
This is the first time that I have been to Spokane in two years. During my first year with ESPN, I did the Big Monday game at midnight on the west coast every week. I announced somewhere around 7-8 Gonzaga games that year. It's a long trip out there from Chapel Hill, but I got to know the program through my various trips. It was a great year for that assignment. Adam Morrison was a senior, and he and J.J. Redick were trading the lead for scoring that season. Gonzaga's coach Mark Few is one of the best coaches I have been around. Very few coaches that I have spent time with are blessed with the ability to both coach a basketball team and fill the role of father and friend to their players. Coach Few is one who can do both of these things well. From that first season that I spent calling their games, I have never picked against them, until this weekend. I would love for my kids to go to college close to home, but I can honestly say that if my kids were to cross the country for school, I'd choose Gonzaga.

Very, Very nice compliment. But did I miss Adam's "senior" year? Man, I bet that was a good one! :D

bballbeachbum
02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Very, Very nice compliment. But did I miss Adam's "senior" year? Man, I bet that was a good one! :D

:lmao:

wow! a sincere public endorsement for the program from a Tar Heel.

good find Zero; hadn't seen it.

Birddog
02-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Those guys are pretty funny, nice read indeed. This is one of my favorites.

Krause is a very well known and respected teacher. He has a lifetime coach, and has written several great books on basketball. Sadly, none of his fellow staff members have read any of them because they don't have enough pictures.

BobZag
02-18-2009, 04:22 PM
That is funny. lol.