• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoopinJeff
    Redshirt
    • Jun 2008

Hotels in Vegas

Orleans seems like it is almost booked now. Where else are Zags fans staying or recommending?
  • ZagManFan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Excaliber was really cheap when I looked a couple weeks ago. Not sure how low or high scale you want to go, but I heard that the Plaza had rooms for $32/night.

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2008

We are staying at the Excalibur, round trip from spokane and 5 nights came to a hair under $700 for both of us.

Comment

• Das Zagger
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by HoopinJeff View Post
        Orleans seems like it is almost booked now. Where else are Zags fans staying or recommending?
        Just a question, did you call them or check online? A friend of mine called the other day and had no problem securing rooms.

You also might want to check the Venitian, I think they have deals.

Comment

• theirishzag03
          Kennel Club
          • Jan 2009

Priceline and Tripres have the best deals

I booked a couple weeks ago- R/T Air and Hotel (The Rio) pretty close to the Orleans= $335, My friend booked Saturday, 1 more night than me, also The Rio and it was only $312

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
          "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige

Comment

• ZagManFan
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by theirishzag03 View Post
            I booked a couple weeks ago- R/T Air and Hotel (The Rio) pretty close to the Orleans= $335, My friend booked Saturday, 1 more night than me, also The Rio and it was only $312
            U can't find those prices now. Cheapest I could find on Priceline was at the Plaza for like $685 per person. Of course that is from Friday thru Tuesday . Need to get my party on.

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Last week i got a Friday - Monday room at The Luxor for $320 + taxes, resort fees, etc. Did it on line at their website. Debated going to Excalibur for about the same price, but my pards are staying at The Luxor
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• theirishzag03
                Kennel Club
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ZagManFan View Post
                U can't find those prices now. Cheapest I could find on Priceline was at the Plaza for like $685 per person. Of course that is from Friday thru Tuesday . Need to get my party on.
                Yeah, Friday much more expensive- I am going down Sunday, Monday, and leaving Tuesday- My friend is not leaving until Wednesday-

Here is $486?pp at The Rio- If you enter the promo code "Tripres50" you will get $50 off at the end or ($461/pp)

Last edited by theirishzag03; 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

• omahazag
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

I, along w/ 3, maybe 4, other guys are staying at non other than the elegant "Pink Flamingo". Not sure how, but my buddy weazled his way into getting 3 nights for $186.

Comment

• tyra
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Low end

We're staying at a low end price place -- the Emerald Suites, which is an extended stay place, i.e. has kitchenettes. It has shuttle service from the airport and appears to be walking distance to the Orleans. But then again, blocks are like two miles long in Vegas!

Comment

• theirishzag03
                      Kennel Club
                      • Jan 2009

Also

Here is a helpful map... Off to the right hand side, you can click on Orleans and then on the details box in the new window. It will give you an idea of how close other hotels are. The Rio is around 2.7 miles away if you get back on I-15 and off on Tropicana- You can also head west to (I believe Arville) and then south to Tropicana, either way it is a quick trip.

Hope this helps!!!

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
                      Last edited by theirishzag03; 02-17-2009, 01:00 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

• gbnyba17
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Jan 2008

lots of current students (including myself) are staying at treasure island. when i booked about a month ago it was 390 per person for 4 nights and round trip airfare. cant wait!

Comment

• lothar98zag
                          PostPadder General
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Das Zagger View Post
                          Just a question, did you call them or check online? A friend of mine called the other day and had no problem securing rooms.

You also might want to check the Venitian, I think they have deals.
                          fwiw, linked from SMC's website:

http://www.venetian.com/pages.aspx?id=2605&
                          youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• heavyzag
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Mar 2007

We are at the Rio

$80 total for 4 nights. 2 nights comped. Players cards gotta love em...

Comment

• Zaga86
                              Redshirt
                              • Oct 2008

Booked a while back for Mandalay Bay, can't wait to be sitting on that beach!!

Comment

Working...
                              X