PDA

View Full Version : Teams ahead of us-to lose this week

theirishzag03
02-16-2009, 09:28 PM
My predictions for teams ahead of us losing this week-

First one I think will be Tuesday as Michigan State will be exposed as overrated and fall at Purdue

Next will come those lovable Huskies Thursday- Isiah Thomas meet Darren Collison while Jrue gets the better of brother Justin Holiday

Saturday may bring a couple- A desperate Georgetown will surprise Marquette
and Texas finally gets to exact some football based revenge on Oklahoma. Damion James, Gary Johnson and Dexter Pittman hold Blake Griffin to only 34 points and 16 rebounds :p

Throw in possible (maybe less likely) losses by the Dawgs at USC and perhaps a rising Cincinatti team (12-3 at home) knocking off Louisville and it all bodes well for the Zags

Memphis survives a scare from UTEP and Stefon Jackson who held the God-like Patty Mills to 5-20 (0-9 3pt), but it takes a 2nd half comeback and late buckets by Tyreke Evans and Doneal Mack

Any body else have predictions for this week???

MississppiZag
02-17-2009, 04:17 AM
For seeding purposes, we will likely be a 5 in Joe Lunardi's bracketology, next week. The current 5 seed Purdue will lose to Michigan State, giving them 7 losses.

Illinois and Ohio State, two other 5 seeds, play each other on Sunday. Hopefully Illinois wins and gives OSU their 7th loss.

UCLA, the last 5 seed, plays Washington and hopefully they lose.

I think it is pretty safe to say with Purdue and Ohio State losing Gonzaga will be in position to take a 5 seed.

Just take care of business this week.

Das Zagger
02-17-2009, 08:06 AM
After watching Texas play last night, I wouldn't hold your breath.

BobZag
02-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Just win, baby.

theirishzag03
02-17-2009, 06:03 PM
They may have the best team chemistry I have seen all year. You can easily see how much they like and care about one another. I didn't see a selfish play the entire game!

MDABE80
02-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Unless some team that's close to the Zags lose (that will happen), all the guys can do is finish the season with all wins. Not sure this will happen in the tournament but our kids shoulkd run the table in the WCC.

Unless the WCC is discounted because it's so weak this year, GU should secure a 5. Could have been a 4 until Memphis embarrassed us. No possible now. 5 is the goal and that's my bet.

theirishzag03
02-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Well the first 2 games- MSU and UW losing were as predicted. Georgetown let me down as they lost late. But making up for that may be winners that should help our RPI- Maryland knocking off UNC and WSU taking one on the road vs UCLA. Throw in Xavier, Illinois, and Butler all dropping games this week and it more than makes up for Georgetown losing.

Here is to hoping Texas wins and the Huskies lose. Memphis did trail at the half, but thankfully made a nice run to hold off UTEP.

If Zags can continue to win one game at a time, things are falling into place to help build a strong case for at least a #4 seed! I would think we would move a head of UCLA , UW and others this week. Granted a couple teams may leap us.

Go ZAGS!!!