PDA

View Full Version : The truth is obvious

gator
02-16-2009, 07:04 AM
C'mon you Zag fans quit being in denial...the Zags should be peaking by this time in the season, instead they are deteriorating. I still love the Zags, however I am so tired of watching Daye and Downs whine after every foul that they get, and Josh seems to have lost that desire to be the leader and hold the team together. Pargo just doesn't have it and better plan on playing overseas if anywhere. Few obviously does NOT have control of his/this team and is a sure bet to be in Oregon next year!

MedZag
02-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Don't forget the aliens! They're coming!

http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages/200709/TinFoil_DB52B2F1-0E7F-A983-F0F9D799A20B06C8.jpg

zag67
02-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Maybe you are Zagged out and should pick another team. If you do not like watching the team and do not like the decisions of the coach, then maybe it is time to move on (just like any other job).

gamagin
02-16-2009, 07:17 AM
C'mon you Zag fans quit being in denial...the Zags should be peaking by this time in the season, instead they are deteriorating. I still love the Zags, however I am so tired of watching Daye and Downs whine after every foul that they get, and Josh seems to have lost that desire to be the leader and hold the team together. Pargo just doesn't have it and better plan on playing overseas if anywhere. Few obviously does NOT have control of his/this team and is a sure bet to be in Oregon next year! Mark Few is Zagged out!

As long as we're healthy, we can adjust.

Alot of teams are getting their season-ending poundings by lesser teams in preparation for the heat of the playoffs, and in order to enter chastened.

We, otoh, have decided to raise the self-esteem of our lesser bretheren by keeping them in the games right up to the end, then edging them out with dignity.

Funny you should mention Daye and Downs. They may be the keys to a serious run should we stop being so damned nice to other teams and turn selfish in the dance.

Go Zags !

Zagsker
02-16-2009, 07:33 AM
C'mon you Zag fans quit being in denial...the Zags should be peaking by this time in the season, instead they are deteriorating. I still love the Zags, however I am so tired of watching Daye and Downs whine after every foul that they get, and Josh seems to have lost that desire to be the leader and hold the team together. Pargo just doesn't have it and better plan on playing overseas if anywhere. Few obviously does NOT have control of his/this team and is a sure bet to be in Oregon next year!

I do agree, Daye and Downs do need to stop whining after every call (although on Thursday Downs had reason to whine) and Josh needs to be consistent with his aggressiveness. BUT.........I see nothing from this team that makes me feel like Iam in "denial" about how good they are.

I did not expect them to be 10-0 right now in the WCC

I think this team has enough pieces to make a sweet 16 to elite eight run.

vaboris
02-16-2009, 07:55 AM
I agree man - GU should be blowing out these bottom-half WCC teams but instead they seem to play down to their level and make the game close. GU is obvisouly the best team in the WCC but seriously need to start playing better to make a run in the dance. Still a month left...

TexasZagFan
02-16-2009, 08:14 AM
I agree man - GU should be blowing out these bottom-half WCC teams but instead they seem to play down to their level and make the game close. GU is obvisouly the best team in the WCC but seriously need to start playing better to make a run in the dance. Still a month left...

When the Zags go on the road for a WCC conference game, it is THE game of the year for the other side.

Even a storied program as Arizona left it all on the court when we lost to them earlier this year. With the possible exception of last weekend's win over UCLA, Zona hasn't shown the same effort.

A win on the road is a win. Give their opponents credit for showing up and giving it their best.

speed21
02-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Yea you would think every team should be peaking at this time of year. But it has never happened and never will. Minnesota started out 14-0 and are now 19-6. And there is many other teams like that also.

We should just be happy that the zags are winning these games while they are not playing there best ball.

Zagsker
02-16-2009, 08:27 AM
When the Zags go on the road for a WCC conference game, it is THE game of the year for the other side.

Even a storied program as Arizona left it all on the court when we lost to them earlier this year. With the possible exception of last weekend's win over UCLA, Zona hasn't shown the same effort.

A win on the road is a win. Give their opponents credit for showing up and giving it their best.

agree

Tmac5360
02-16-2009, 08:35 AM
The truth is obvious. The Zags are 10-0 in conference and will be back in the dance. Going to the final 4 maybe not but they will be one of 64 who get a shot. Good enough for me. If you that unhappy with the Zags we won't miss you!

zaguarxj
02-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah, Duke lost to BC yesterday and have lost 3 of 4, so we probably should write them off for the season since they're not peaking at the right time. And coach K should start looking for another job, 'cause, you know, what has he done lately?

The Zags are undefeated in WCC play people!!!

ZagSlug
02-16-2009, 08:47 AM
You are right, GU is deteriorating so badly right now that we should disband the team and tear down the school. We are doomed.+

http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/spring/troll.jpg

theirishzag03
02-16-2009, 09:01 AM

It has been a long grueling season, with lots of travel, all kinds of different matchups and styles, a hard winter spell here, and on top of all of that they are STUDENTS. Not to mention all of the pressure and scrutiny they are under from us! Ooops, gues I mentioned it:D

This 2 game stretch versus Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount is just what the doctor ordered. The game vs. USC Upstate (although bad for our RPI) should be a great "tune-up" and senior send off game.

I for one, am really glad we have not PEAKED yet! I know some are going to be disappointed if we don't win Thursday and Saturday by 40-50 points, but after reviewing a friends publication on "Lack of sleep and how it relates to performance" I think it is equally important to get rested and go into the postseason refreshed!!!

BobZag
02-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm just glad gator still loves the Zags.

cbbfanatic
02-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Don't forget the aliens! They're coming!

http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages/200709/TinFoil_DB52B2F1-0E7F-A983-F0F9D799A20B06C8.jpg

right on cue...

ssdak
02-16-2009, 10:07 AM
I get a kick out of all the people who because they don't agree with a negative post that they should go find another team. Well perhaps it's just because it is frustrating that this team has as much talent as any team and are playing well and i mean well below that ability. Perhaps we should leave the kids alone and focus on the coaching staff. One more thing, I referenced inner city kids in one of my other posts, but made no reference to color, gender, nationality, and someone claimed I was a racist, but my experience is that the person who brings up the race card is themselves the racist person.

Once and Future Zag
02-16-2009, 10:11 AM
If you had any positive posts at ALL, you might be considered a disappointed fan.

As it is you are a troll who needs to go back to your bridge and scare schoolgirls.

BobZag
02-16-2009, 10:15 AM
right on cue...

right on cue...

MedZag
02-16-2009, 10:21 AM
You want the truth? Here's the truth.

The Zags are neither as good as advertised nor as hopeless as advertised.

GolfZag
02-16-2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmNopAo0PRc

GolfZag
02-16-2009, 10:41 AM

Yeah I hear ya....sucks to be the #17 team in the nation! :confused:

Once and Future Zag
02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
One more thing, I referenced inner city kids in one of my other posts, but made no reference to color, gender, nationality, and someone claimed I was a racist, but my experience is that the person who brings up the race card is themselves the racist person.

Lovely logic - calling someone out on racist attitudes makes them the racist. Keep playing those sad little troll games under your bridge.

It looks like you barely mastered the skills of trolling 101, how's the 201 course coming?

theirishzag03
02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
I get a kick out of all the people who because they don't agree with a negative post that they should go find another team. Well perhaps it's just because it is frustrating that this team has as much talent as any team and are playing well and i mean well below that ability. Perhaps we should leave the kids alone and focus on the coaching staff. One more thing, I referenced inner city kids in one of my other posts, but made no reference to color, gender, nationality, and someone claimed I was a racist, but my experience is that the person who brings up the race card is themselves the racist person.

"funny" does not seem like an appropriate "title" when discussing racism:mad:

I will admit, I can been as critical as any Zag fan, about coaching in particular. I can relate, we all want the Zags to win, and when we think we can HELP we want to. I just do not see where some of your posts "help" If you are going to complain- at the VERY least have a solution to the problem.

NevadaZag
02-16-2009, 01:00 PM
You want the truth? Here's the truth.

The Zags are neither as good as advertised nor as hopeless as advertised.

So succinct and true!

Pargo the Destroyer
02-16-2009, 01:16 PM
again....blah blah blah wah wah wah, im a huge fan but...im also a huge d-bag.........blah blah blah wah wah wah blah blah blah, we cant do this, blah blah blah, why are we not peaking? wah wah wah......we should play foster more, blah blah blah, pargo needs to stop worrying about the nba, blah blah blah, ALL MINDLESS BABBLING. Yet i suppose I am the stupid one for actually opening the thread and wasting seconds of my life...............

4AmericasTeam
02-16-2009, 01:20 PM

Plenty of other teams to watch if this is so painful for you. Although for me, this thread raises the question "Where is the team that won the Old Spice, whupped the heck out of WSU and should have beaten UConn? I'm pretty sure we will peak back to that level in the next few weeks.

FrahmfortheWin
02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
again....blah blah blah wah wah wah, im a huge fan but...im also a huge d-bag.........blah blah blah wah wah wah blah blah blah, we cant do this, blah blah blah, why are we not peaking? wah wah wah......we should play foster more, blah blah blah, pargo needs to stop worrying about the nba, blah blah blah, ALL MINDLESS BABBLING. Yet i suppose I am the stupid one for actually opening the thread and wasting seconds of my life...............

If you're stupid for reading the original post, I'd hate to imagine what that makes me for reading both the op AND your post :(

Pargo the Destroyer
02-16-2009, 02:31 PM
stupider.

Zag79
02-16-2009, 05:59 PM
its sooooo tough being a fan of the 17th ranked team in america. a team that unlike many of the best zag teams is methodically moving towards an undefeated conference season. a team that has multiple weapons when come march can be used against our opponents. a team that somehow amid all the complaining and player bashing is finding ways to win and give us a very typical zag season. if this is bad sign me up for another 50 years of season tix!