PDA

View Full Version : Dons v. Zags

USF
02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Congrats to the Zags for the win last night. I was actually quite surprised that my Dons were able to keep the score close until late, especially with our depleted roster.

I am a big Rex Walters fan and support his decision to suspend the players he did. He has a plan for changing the tone at USF. Without going into details, the prior regime had little discipline and little control over what the USF players did. Rex will get his players into the program and they will stay 4 years and graduate. I will be happy with that. If the wins come, even better.

Few has done an unbelievable job with your program and has won with class.

I love your young frosh point guard. He will be an all WCC player.

GO DONS

GoZags
02-15-2009, 05:44 PM
I am a big Rex Walters fan .................

Me too.

That was an exciting, well played college basketball game last night.

JPtheBeasta
02-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the shout out. Your guys deserve a lot of credit for keeping it close last night with so much stacked against you. I'm a big fan of Meech, too. Your guy, Dior Lowhorn, brings a lot to the table and I wouldn't mind having him as a Zag. Just curious, and assuming you will be back here checking your thread, when March Madness comes around, do you guys root for the Zags? Or do you pathologically root against them like I do with Duke and the Yankees?

You are definitely an enemy in WCC conference play, but I always root for everyone to do well and represent the conference proudly.

Go Zags

RenoZag
02-15-2009, 05:48 PM
USF, your Dons showed a lot of grit & determination.

CDC84
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
It was good to see the crowd give a standing ovation to the team after the final buzzer sounded. They played their hearts out.

GU69
02-15-2009, 06:58 PM
I think that USF has found the right coach. It is going to be fun to watch the improvement.

USF
02-15-2009, 11:02 PM
During the NCAA tourney, I definitely root for Gonzaga (and last year St. Mary's and San Diego). It would be great to see the WCC become one of the elite bball conferences. It's really a shame about Patty Mills getting hurt. I still hope the Gaels get an at large birth.

I had the chance to speak with Coach Walters briefly and was really impressed with him. I know he is always looking at other programs to see how to get USF back on track. He is a big Mark Few fan.

zag buddy
02-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Good luck USF in your rebuilding program

CarolinaZagFan
02-16-2009, 06:47 AM
I think San Fran has a good shot at becoming a very good team in a few years. By the way you guys might have the coolest nickname in all of college basketball. Dons, that's pretty bad-A haha.

webspinnre
02-16-2009, 09:19 AM
I too was impressed by the quality of play in the game, and Walters' coaching. The only concern I had about Walters was that he was wearing a lemon yellow striped polo. Talk about ugly.