PDA

View Full Version : what in the heck is going on.

ssdak
02-14-2009, 10:53 PM
I will say this about this years Gonzaga team. I have never seen another Gonzaga team play with so little heart and no passion. What I am doing is comparing them to previous Gonzaga teams. And yes I can do this because I think it goes to the type of Recruiting that is going on. I dont know what went on behind the scenes back when Santangelo, Frahm, Calvary, Hall and Eaton played but you could see the chemistry. This continued up until about the time Morrison came along. I also thought that Few would have to recruit the inner city type kids to keep up but I think with recruits like Pargo shows that that has not worked. I know that Bouldin is a throw back kind of player to the teams I mentioned earlier, and I believe that Few and staff would be much happier with those type of players, who have a commitment to play hard on every possession and not to take their opponents lightly. (Portland State). I hope Few goes back to recruiting those kind of players, it was so much easier to root for Santangelo & Frahm than Pargo, Daye and Heytveldt who bring their type of attitude to the game.

adoptedzag
02-14-2009, 11:11 PM
In before the lock!

VinnyZag
02-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Your post adds nothing to the conversation here. And your reference to "inner-city type kids" makes you sound racist.

Mods, can we lock this thread, please?

theirishzag03
02-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I will say this about this years Gonzaga team. I have never seen another Gonzaga team play with so little heart and no passion. What I am doing is comparing them to previous Gonzaga teams. And yes I can do this because I think it goes to the type of Recruiting that is going on. I dont know what went on behind the scenes back when Santangelo, Frahm, Calvary, Hall and Eaton played but you could see the chemistry. This continued up until about the time Morrison came along. I also thought that Few would have to recruit the inner city type kids to keep up but I think with recruits like Pargo shows that that has not worked. I know that Bouldin is a throw back kind of player to the teams I mentioned earlier, and I believe that Few and staff would be much happier with those type of players, who have a commitment to play hard on every possession and not to take their opponents lightly. (Portland State). I hope Few goes back to recruiting those kind of players, it was so much easier to root for Santangelo & Frahm than Pargo, Daye and Heytveldt who bring their type of attitude to the ame.

You would be much happier back under your rock!!!!!!!!!!!!

g-ride
02-14-2009, 11:39 PM
I will say this about this years Gonzaga team. I have never seen another Gonzaga team play with so little heart and no passion. What I am doing is comparing them to previous Gonzaga teams. And yes I can do this because I think it goes to the type of Recruiting that is going on. I dont know what went on behind the scenes back when Santangelo, Frahm, Calvary, Hall and Eaton played but you could see the chemistry. This continued up until about the time Morrison came along. I also thought that Few would have to recruit the inner city type kids to keep up but I think with recruits like Pargo shows that that has not worked. I know that Bouldin is a throw back kind of player to the teams I mentioned earlier, and I believe that Few and staff would be much happier with those type of players, who have a commitment to play hard on every possession and not to take their opponents lightly. (Portland State). I hope Few goes back to recruiting those kind of players, it was so much easier to root for Santangelo & Frahm than Pargo, Daye and Heytveldt who bring their type of attitude to the game.

Gonzaga has always for the last couple of years playing up or down against there opponents. Look at the UCONN game when beside a gross 3 by UCONN we would have won. Then look at the Zags against St Mill-less and they barely win. This has been going on for awhile. they play great against great teams (exclude Memphis) and squeak by against worst teams. I think there are two reasons for this. A, are conference sucks so when we do play teams like UCONN we want to show up and say we can beat teams like this. B, When we play USF, wBulls-eye on us cause no matter how bad USF is they can get one quaility win against the conference champ. USF gets nothing beating Pepperdine or Santa Clara.

As for Santangelo, Frahm, Calvary, Hall and Eaton, they were not quite on the Zags teams that rain down pain in the conference

GPGUgrad
02-14-2009, 11:46 PM
ssdak

I don't know what to say, you might want to shop around for another team to root for. Every year the Zags team changes.

It is what it is.