PDA

View Full Version : OT: Swept in LA, Utah St. and Curry

BobZag
02-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Pepperdine completes the sweep of San Diego. I wonder what is going on with Billy's team. ToreroStudent?

I think the Gaels will expose the Aggies of Utah State next Saturday. Boise State, average at best, leads them by 2 at half.

Curry stepped on someone's foot and it twisted badly, or so it looked, and Davidson plays Butler next Saturday. If it's a high ankle sprain, uh-oh.

Oregon Zag
02-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Best wishes for Curry. I hate seeing kids get injured.

SDzagster
02-14-2009, 06:46 PM
USD looked out of sync and Pep really hustled and looked good with Keion Bell leading the attack...but there is a problem with USD that maybe ToreroStudent can provide some clues. There seems to be a chemistry problem - late in the game Pomare and Trumaine rode the pine and during a last minute timeout, the USD players didn't seem very attentive as Billy diagrammed out a play. Totally different from last year. Maybe it's because of no Brandon Johnson?

BobZag
02-14-2009, 07:00 PM
#21 Utah State is beat by Boise State. 10 point loss.

mtzaga
02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
#21 Utah State is beat by Boise State. 10 point loss.

SI jinx. Aggies got some good coverage this week.

zagco
02-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Utah State, as always, is an extremely disciplined team, but it lacks athletic talent. It's best player is a big sophomore, who got into foul trouble tonight in Boise and never could get anything going. Boise State beat them by executing well and putting a lot of pressure on Utah State's guards. Stew Morrill is a really good coach. To beat Utah State, you cannot let their somewhat frustrating and methodical style get to you. That's how they beat equal or better teams, by just picking them to death.

VinnyZag
02-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Seeing Curry's sprain on TV made my own ankle hurt. Hope it's not serious.