PDA

View Full Version : Recruit: Klay Thompson

BC1210is
03-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Anybody know if the zags are looking at this guy. Seems like he would fit our program and a few of the schools we compete with for recruits are interested in him. Just curious.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=130&p=8&c=1&nid=2922369

BobZag
03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Not familiar with him. We'll learn more in April and a whole lot more in June, July. Stay tuned.

SpudDawg
03-20-2007, 02:30 PM
DeAngelo Casto (PF-post) and Shawn Stockton (PG).

former1dog
03-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Spud,

For those of us not in the know about these Ferris guys, can you answer a couple of things.

1 - How will they fit in, considering recruits and existing players that will be in the program concurrently with them at GU (if they come to GU.)

2 - What will they contribute, if you can look into your crystal ball.

Honestly, from what little I know, I can't say I'm sold. But, perhaps you can convince me.

MDABE80
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Klay is a good kid. To view him, I'm smelling a CDC road trip next winter.
GU is just SO loaded with good players. For me, it's hard to imagine getting better kids to play for GU.
As far as Casto and Stockton go, Casto is still pretty raw but has developing major skills. Stockton is much bigger than I thought having seen him today at Jack and Dan's having some lunch with the family. He looks like a bruiser. Very solid at 6 ft 1 with a full year to go until he hits college. This past year those 2 kids went undefeated for Ferris. Casto got better as the year went on and Stickton was a skilled player who has no fear when it comes to contact. He's my kind of kid. Guts, talent, good speed, good shooter and tough defense. There was some question as to whether he might play football.....he's THAT tough. Abe

SpudDawg
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Former, I haven't seen a lot of these two young men -- just some glimpses during the state tournament and all of the state championship game on TV. But I've read a lot about them.

Casto strikes me as developing into a major force inside. Stockton also appears to be everything Abe said.

Finally, when one is named first-team all-state in the Times (Casto) and the other is second-team (Stockton), and they are in your own back yard, I think it would be wise to haul them in.

Inside, Kuso will be gone after next season. Frankly, who knows about Josh? I'm assuming nothing. And Poling continues to have health problems, so an athletic big would seem to be a good get.

As for Stockton, it's always wise to get a pure point guard on board.

Just my 2 cents.

Madcowz
03-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Spud,

For those of us not in the know about these Ferris guys, can you answer a couple of things.

1 - How will they fit in, considering recruits and existing players that will be in the program concurrently with them at GU (if they come to GU.)

2 - What will they contribute, if you can look into your crystal ball.

Honestly, from what little I know, I can't say I'm sold. But, perhaps you can convince me.

1 - Well stockton coming in is a big physical guard, would give us really a true point guard for the future, pass first guy that has a really good mid range shot, can create his own shot off the dribble if need be, and is good enough from 3 to keep teams honest..

Casto on the other hand, the zags have already offered, as has oregon state, and many pac 10 teams soon to offer too,, he has GREAT leaping ability, very athletic kid, being the biggest player on the Ferris team at 6'8 he plays the 5 but i'd say coming to gonzaga would likely be a 3, he has some back to the basket moves but is way more comfortable face up, a bit raw some would say right now but playing pick up games with him i know he can shoot the 3 quite well, mid range game needs work and i'm sure it will get some... Oh and im sure some of you have heard the legendary tale of him breaking the backboard at ferris :) + his timing on blocking shots is amazing, go watch him save the game with awesome blocks in the overtimes of the state championships

I can see stockton being just an awesome point guard wherever he goes getting like 10 points and 6 assists

casto can be a monster with the right coaching and just be an offensive and shot blocking/rebound machine

spudzag
03-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Hometown favorites and nastalga aside Jordan Theodore should stay as the primary target at point.

Do you have a confirmation on an offer to Casto? Sources?

lothar98zag
03-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Hometown favorites and nastalga aside Jordan Theodore should stay as the primary target at point.

Do you have a confirmation on an offer to Casto? Sources?
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=1813

UberZagFan
03-21-2007, 12:55 PM
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=1813

Spud:

Same comment from same poster. Rumor. "Inside Sources". Guess. Hope. Whatever you want to call it.

I'll believe it when some official announcement is made.

ZagNut08
03-22-2007, 01:16 AM
sign klay up, I just want to have someone from my High school on the team. Hopefuly I will get a chance to see him play next year when I am home on breaks...to be honest, from what I heard talkign to friends he may not be a GU level recruit. His brother Michael is signed up to play at pepperdine next year