PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Game - USF Roll call

LoveMyZags
02-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Pretty easy game in my mind considering 4 players just got suspended...

Article here (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/12/SPB815SV77.DTL)

I will be there with a bunch of friends, three of us lucky enough to get tickets through the school. Will have my license plate with me (same name as my handle)...

any other Bay Area Zags going?

LMZ

sdzag
02-13-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm going but it seems that I am very luckily. For when I asked my wife who did not go to GU about attending a game on V-Day she said sure it would be nice to visit the city. Now I think a trip to malls during the afternoon is in order but still a very worthwhile trade.

lothar98zag
02-13-2009, 12:16 PM
I'll be there - hoping you are right about it being easy...

lothar98zag
02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm going but it seems that I am very luckily. For when I asked my wife who did not go to GU about attending a game on V-Day she said sure it would be nice to visit the city. Now I think a trip to malls during the afternoon is in order but still a very worthwhile trade.
not sure about "malls" in SF, but a few places to try are - Ghirardelli Square (chocolate on V-day, how could you go wrong?), Cliff House, any cafe in Sausalito w/ a view of SF.

I hope the weather is nice enough for you...

ZagNut08
02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I will be there - upper level gonzaga GA area

sdzag
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I wish some chocolate would be it Lothar. My wife loves the nordstroms on Market St. in the Financial district.

Baldwinzag
02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
For when I asked my wife who did not go to GU about attending a game on V-Day she said sure it would be nice to visit the city. Now I think a trip to malls during the afternoon is in order but still a very worthwhile trade.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5451490/2/istockphoto_5451490-husband-and-wife-shopping.jpg

"Whatever you want, honey, yet aren't we a little late for the Zags game?"

lothar98zag
02-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I wish some chocolate would be it Lothar. My wife loves the nordstroms on Market St. in the Financial district.
I'm not sure the last time you've been to SF, but that shopping center has roughly doubled in size w/in the past year or two.

I'll be praying for you and your credit cards...
;)

webspinnre
02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I'll be there with my wife for my first game since I graduated. What's the parking situation like there?

CDC84
02-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll be there...weather permitting. Actually, the current forecast indicates the rain is supposed to die off by tomorrow afternoon.

I hear Hondo and his posse will be there as well.

lothar98zag
02-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Hondo was spotted at the game last night...

LoveMyZags
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I'll be there with my wife for my first game since I graduated. What's the parking situation like there?

not great...its all street parking as far as I know. Usually, you can find spots within a few blocks, but you might have to do a little bit of walking.

lothar98zag
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM
not great...its all street parking as far as I know. Usually, you can find spots within a few blocks, but you might have to do a little bit of walking.
agreed. Also get there early. Your search for parking will be shorter as will your walk and you'll be able to check out the GU social from 6-8pm -LINK (http://www.zagsonline.org/s/829/index.aspx?sid=829&gid=1&pgid=585&cid=1352&ecid=1352&crid=0&calpgid=475&calcid=1404)

In addition to street parking, there are a few other options -
There is valet parking immediately to the east of the gym ($20?). There is also a USF parking lot a few block away on the west edge of campus ($10). Although it's been a few years since I've used either so don't take my word as gospel.

malmer7
02-13-2009, 02:54 PM
i'll be there, and hooking up spinnre with some tickets as well.
going to try and make the pregame party but might be a little late because i have to watch lance armstrong in his comeback in sac town - what a v-day, all sports all day, lucky lucky guy

lothar98zag
02-13-2009, 02:56 PM
i'll be there, and hooking up spinnre with some tickets as well.
going to try and make the pregame party but might be a little late because i have to watch lance armstrong in his comeback in sac town - what a v-day, all sports all day, lucky lucky guy
good luck on 80 thru Berkeley in Saturday evening traffic...

malmer7
02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
good luck on 80 thru Berkeley in Saturday evening traffic...

yeah no kidding, better get the helicopter warmed up!