PDA

View Full Version : Win And Move On

NanookZag
02-13-2009, 07:00 AM
We won in a hostile environment. A saying in golf is "I am not here to paint pictures; I'm here to put up numbers." We didn't play great. It was ugly But, we won. I'll take it. Now, beat USF.

Go Zags.

malmer7
02-13-2009, 08:54 AM
i'll take it, and i really don't think it was THAT ugly - i liked the effort, if anything SMC's play was ugly and they played there butts off to try and compete in that game.
as long as we're on golf terms regarding last night's game - how about: "there's no room for a story on a scorecard" - big win last night, no matter how it got done!

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Exactly. We got the W, and now it's time for the Dons. There seems to be a lot of naysayers despite the fact the Zags finally broke their losing streak in a very hostile gym. The Gaels did their best A.J. Price/Stephen Curry/Harlem Globetrotters interpretation, but the Zags still won. Misison accomplished.

MDABE80
02-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Yes..move ahead. It's turning into and ugly season with unpredictable wins or losses. Yet Our Zags roll on. Mayhem is what we saw down there last night. All those ingredients that can account for a loss. We survived it. USF....and let's get ready for the rest of the season.

mtzaga
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
i'll take it, and i really don't think it was THAT ugly - i liked the effort, if anything SMC's play was ugly and they played there butts off to try and compete in that game.
as long as we're on golf terms regarding last night's game - how about: "there's no room for a story on a scorecard" - big win last night, no matter how it got done!

Another golf term: It's not how, it's how many.

gonstu
02-13-2009, 10:00 AM
if anything SMC's play was ugly and they played there butts off to try and compete in that game.

I agree, in fact they did more than just try to compete, they were up for a good portion of the game...AND was I the only one who, once we got up by like 7 or so, who just KNEW that they would hit some threes to get back in it? Teams always seem to knock down threes when coming back against us...