PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather...

bulldogjoe
03-19-2007, 06:03 PM
1) Get the NCAA bid and lose in the first round, or...

2) Go to the NIT and play in the finals?

I'll take the former.

Thoughts?

wazZag
03-19-2007, 06:03 PM
get to the tourney.

Ziggy
03-19-2007, 06:21 PM
The NCAA is preferable to the NIT, which is basically just a consolation round.
Who will ever remember (fondly) South Carolina's back-to-back championships
in the NIT. It was certainly no stepping stone to the Big Dance.

sanfranzagsguy20
03-19-2007, 06:43 PM
i personally would not be happy being the 66th best team in the nation...ncaa's or a failed season at this point in gonzaga's run as a national power

RebornZag
03-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I can't imagine anyone who would say yes to that. I know at least that every athlete on any team would think this question is about the most stupid question ever posted!!! And who ever goes into the tournament thinking their team is going to lose (only a looser would think that way). It is every players dream to play in the NCAA every year. Please!!! This is insulting to any ZAG!!! To go to the NCAA may not be the ambition of a fan who would enjoy seeing his/her team play longer if they played it safe and went to the NIT where they play at home, win a few more games against WEAKER TEAMS. I am sick and tired of playing weaker teams...even if we get a victory. A victory against a weak team does nothing for me. I'm a Zag...."we take on anyone at anytime." We want to play the toughest teams possible. That IS HOW you get better. Playing weaker teams NEVER helps you get better. Ask UW...Ask University of Connecticut. They not only didn't make it to the NCAA March Madness but didn't even make it to the NIT. That's where this kind of thinking some might promote here will get you.....at home watching more TV.

McZag
03-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Winning the NIT is cute but its like kissing you sister. It means you are the best mediocre team in America. Most teams would trade a multitude of NIT championships for the Zags sweet sixteen run over the last 9 years. Give me a first round exit every year if being stuck in the NIT is the alternative.

Zag509
03-19-2007, 08:10 PM
I would rather get blasted by 60 in the tourney then go to the NIT. That being said, the NIT is better then nothing eh?

lothar98zag
03-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I'd rather lose by 100 in the NCAA play-in game than win the post-season NIT championship.

TR11Zag
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
HAHA, that's great Lothar.

I'd rather not get invited than lose by 100.

sonuvazag
03-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Don't mean to cause trouble, but what is this NIT that everyone is talking about? Never heard of it.