PDA

View Full Version : Whew!!!

HillBillyZag
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I am worn out. G'night mates!!

Section 116
02-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Second the whew! Here's an oddity; St. Mary's shoots 40.7% (11-27) from three point range and 39% (23-59) from two point range. I really thought some of those late missed free throws might come back to haunt us after shooting well up till about the 2 minute mark.

snebzag
02-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I think I bit some holes in my Zag ball numerous times. I spent a lot of time standing as if I were in the crowd. Whew!!! That somes it up. What a great Basketball game.

"A knife?, Thats not a Knife, this is a Knife!"

johnwzag
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
5 Whew's!!!

Reborn
02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Whew was the first word out of my mouth after the buzzer. I kind of thought Gonzaga was going to blow another one on the road when Bouldin missed those two free throws. This Gonzaga team really lacks confidence. I just don't understand it either. You got to give St. Mary's credit for never quitting. That's what you call tough. Unfortunately, the Zags were tougher tonight. By one play. The Zags were tough on that final out of bounds play with 6 seconds left and we were only up by one after Bouldin missed the two foul shots. But he never quit and was on that guy like glue and forced the turnover. WAY TO NOT QUIT MATT. And Austin always makes it tough on the inbounder.

I had a very hard time understanding why Few stayed in the zone at the end of the game. I really do NOT understand Mark Few at all. Accept that he loves Zones defense. And he seems to care less that they get one more point every time they make one of those 3's.