PDA

View Full Version : Rankings be damn^#.

HillBillyZag
02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Win lose or draw, Diamon Simpson is the best all around basketball player on that floor tonight.

RenoZag
02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
He's a keeper. . .

4AmericasTeam
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Win lose or draw, Diamon Simpson is the best all around basketball player on that floor tonight.

Second only to Matt Bouldin;)

2011Zag
02-12-2009, 09:25 PM

It he could make a free throw our shot outside of 3 feet I would agree with you.

theirishzag03
02-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I was back on the MB bandwagon until he went 3-6 at the line!

JOSH was "all caps" HUGE!!! With he and Will on the floor it was a block party. Must be close to season highs in steals and blocks! Offset one of our worst games for # of turnovers... even Lavin was making baker remarks:( "...open up a bakery with all these turnovers" something to the sort.

johnwzag
02-12-2009, 09:37 PM

Disagree. Josh was.

GonzagaDynasty
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Disagree. Josh was.

Josh and MB, I agree...

Foster is completely lost on the floor, but he still manages to be a huge factor on the glass, and on D... If only he could find himself on the floor, he'd be a HUGE, HUGE player for us..

VinnyZag
02-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Simpson is exactly the sort of player this years' Zags are missing.

FieldHouseFishHouse
02-13-2009, 12:54 AM

He had an impact on both ends, that is for sure. But he was 3-8 from the field, 6-12 from the line. He was the best all around player from a "defense is the best offense" perspective.

HillBillyZag
02-13-2009, 09:50 AM
After further evaluation, I believe I did overstate the matter. However Diamon is one of the most efficient rebounders for his size that I have seen. And the "dynamic duo" last night were the stars. Matty & Josh brought their "A" game.

kyle dixon
02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
It just appeared to me that the other "step brother" did not step up. Samhan was a complete non-factor last night. Heyvelt played great d in the post even with his fouls An interesting piece to last nights game was the amount of times Simpson went to the line in the first half. It did not seem like he made many trips to the line in the second half.

gamagin
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
After further evaluation, I believe I did overstate the matter. However Diamon is one of the most efficient rebounders for his size that I have seen. And the "dynamic duo" last night were the stars. Matty & Josh brought their "A" game.

he is to smc what pendo was to GU.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I love Diamon Simpson's game... but how do you make it through four years of college basketball and not develop a better shot than that? Then again, there's guys in the NBA who still can't make a free throw, so I probably shouldn't be surprised.

theothegreat21
02-13-2009, 10:09 AM
he is to smc what pendo was to GU.

except a much more effective scorer and rebounder

webspinnre
02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Regardless of his offensive struggles, I'd take Simpson in a heartbeat. While Patty is the better player, if I had to choose between the two for this season only, I'd take Simpson, given our lack of depth inside.